free hit
counters
Spare tyre bolt S2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Spare tyre bolt S2

Hi, could some kind person tell me what the thread and pitch is of the bolt that holds the spare tyre in place? Mine is missing and I need to make one/ source one. Thank you ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Widget said:

Hi, could some kind person tell me what the thread and pitch is of the bolt that holds the spare tyre in place? Mine is missing and I need to make one/ source one. Thank you ;)

visit: sjsportscars

Bolt (B079W207AF) £2.31

Large Washer (A075U0492Z) £5.21

Thanks for your helpful replies Lous and Chris. I hava a selection of metric bolts at home and found that M10 was too small and M12 too large. Also the pitch looked tighter than the metric bolts I have. I was hoping to buy a useful bolt on the way home, however I have a set of Thread Taps at work so I can try different threads tonight in the hope it isn't a phantom imperial oddity ....

Well, Turns out that the thread for the spare tyre bolt is M12 x 1.5 and the nut was quite cruddy so using a Tap to clean the thread was useful. Thanks all for your help!😊

Hi Mark

It's great to see another Esprit in Hertfordshire. I'm just down the road in WGC. I think the S2 interior is great - Is your interior cloth or leather?

I've added you to the area PM list so that you'll get notified of the monthly meet. Next month it's at The Hoops in Perry Green. I'm just writing the post now. Hope to see you there.

Chris

Hi Chris, good to make contact! My S2 has cloth dash and leather seats. I've just renovated the dashboard so here is a pic. I just love the look of the console!image.thumb.jpeg.8b09b5fa62ba0701d81812ae1ecd30dc.jpeg

How long have you had your Esprit and is it on the road at the moment?

Shame it's not full cloth :sofa:

Chris

I've had it for about 20 years but it has been off the road for most of that. its nearly ready, but after renovating the carbs and it running reasonably well, I changed the cam belt and since (despite the timing being correct,) it is not running well at all now. I am hoping it is just an air leak or such. It could even be old fuel issues. Sadly when I bought this car, I bought a pup. over the first few weeks I found very poor repairs and replacement parts that clearly were not correct. When the gear stick fell off, I had to take it off the road and It has been off the road mostly since. However now the car is nearly straight and will be on the road soon. How do you find living with your Esprit? - M

Bought mine in 1987 - so had it 31 years this month. I was out of the country for 11 years from the mid 90s and only put it back on the road in Dec 2012. Never been restored, and has a full cloth interior. but had the liners & pistons replaced in 2012 as a garage my Dad took it to while I was abroad over boosted it and shagged a couple of piston rings. I don't do my own maintenance, it goes to GST in Newmarket for this.

Try to use it now as I did back in the 80s - no real compromise for age, as the car needs to be used rather than sit around. Use it all year round, apart from in snow and ice. I take it on the track when I can - but the brakes are really crap - as they were back in the day - so can be a bit frustrating if everyone else is in modern stuff.

I've got an Excel as well, which I use 2-3 times a week. Driving wise, both very different cars.

Drop me a PM and I'll come round and visit, love to see an S2 - especially the interior.