free hit
counters
Engine Oil - Castrol Edge Titanium FST 5W/40 ? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Engine Oil - Castrol Edge Titanium FST 5W/40 ?

I have a 2013 Exige V6 S Roadster and it's due a service soon. I currently don't have any oil for top ups, so thought I'd buy in bulk and supply the oil to the dealer for the next few services, leaving me with plenty for topping up as needed, and saving a fair bit of dosh in the process.

ECP on eBay are currently doing Castrol Edge 32L  (8x 4 Litres) SAE 5W40 Fully Synthetic Titanium FST for £228.46 with the current 20% off promo.

That's just £7.14 per litre!

Is there any reason why I shouldn't jump on this deal? I presume it would be fine in the engine as it meets the ACEA A3/B3 spec?

Fast road use only for the foreseeable future...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're planning on keeping the car for a good long while, enough to run this supply down at service, then I don't see why not.

Not sure any dealer would be keen on someone else supplying the oil

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

It is totally fine. I insist on using Motul 300V supplied by me and neither of the two dealers I've serviced my Sport 350 with had a problem with it. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, 550superfast said:

How many litres are we on a service?

I think a normal service without purging the all system (front cooler), something like 6.1l ?? All system 10.1l ?