free hit
counters
V8 INTERCOOLING - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V8 INTERCOOLING

Hey, guys,

Here is a well engineered charge cooler kit.

Warning: may be expensive!

I like how it is compact and construction looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrWt0dmchsQ

• Like 1

MrDangerUS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a very sweet and compact installation.  Nice sized chargecoolers and a decent sized radiator.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Apparently, it was an "one-off" project for someone on this Forum. (?)

They still have their jigs, thus it is possible to replicate most of the components. Contact them if you are interested.

MrDangerUS

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!!!

Pro Alloy said they will make a limited production run if there is an interest in Our Community!

Call them direct and voice your willingness to participate!

Pro Alloy twin charge cooler Lotus Esprit V8_8.jpg

MrDangerUS

I already contacted Pro Alloy, but they need a car in the workshop to measure everything up.  The installation was performed as a one-off, so they did not keep any measurements etc.

I've seen and made a few different chargecoolers installs for the V8, but the beauty of this one if the compact nature and proper sizing of the important components.  It's a very sweet set-up.

I'd be +1 for this kit.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

Guest modifiedv8engines

Being located fairly close to Haverhill there may be a chance I can take my car along for a measure up/install.

I am waiting for further information re prices etc etc.

Pretty much as Mike said .........The guy I spoke with said it may be possible to produce kits but only cost effective to do so if they can tool up for a batch of kits to make it worthwhile.  

Since my car has no a/c condensor and requests for info on those a while back fell on deaf ears, I would need some dims of those to allow cars fitted with a/c to be catered for. Pre rad goes in fron of the stack I beleive

See whats happens ......

• 3 weeks later...

I work in very close (south Cambridge).  Happy to take my v8 for trial fit if that helps.  If price is reasonable I would be interested in buying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/07/2018 at 20:51, esprit17 said:

Me too +2.

Pls get some group buy prices x5, x10 :thumbsup:

Chris can you take your in or I can drop mine off in September and leave it with them 

I’m happy to let them have my car.  Need to get an idea of cost.  Emailed Alex a couple of weeks ago but did have not had a reply back yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 08/10/2018 at 15:05, esprit17 said:

Hi Chris, I had a long chat with Alex after trying 5 times over a month. When we did chat it all sounded really positive but he said that he'd prefer a local car to work on. Keep trying :) so that we can get this off the ground

Any updates ? Did the guy you were speaking with ever build for you a chargecooler for the V8 ?

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:41, MD355 said:

Any updates ? Did the guy you were speaking with ever build for you a chargecooler for the V8 ?

I spoke many times to Alex after chasing him many,many times. He would always sound interested and wanting the work but frustratingly I was always the one to chase. I had a enough of the waiting and wrote to ProAlloy stating that I need a commitment from him to take the project forward otherwise I'll look elsewhere. Unsurprisingly I received not response, shame as the product was exactly what I wanted.

Since then, new job, country etc has got in the way so if someone else has more luck I'd be interested in a group buy?

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2019 at 15:46, esprit17 said:

I spoke many times to Alex after chasing him many,many times. He would always sound interested and wanting the work but frustratingly I was always the one to chase. I had a enough of the waiting and wrote to ProAlloy stating that I need a commitment from him to take the project forward otherwise I'll look elsewhere. Unsurprisingly I received not response, shame as the product was exactly what I wanted.

Since then, new job, country etc has got in the way so if someone else has more luck I'd be interested in a group buy?

I would definitely be interested !!!

Did they give you a price for this kit ?

if we get together and decide for a group buy, their build cost will decrease and maybe they can offer us a better price...

What I think we need to do is get a firm understanding what the demand is.  I would imagine the kit unfitted will be in the region of £5-6K.  I may be way out but we should budget for that.

With this in mind how many people would sign up?

I live very close so could leave my car with them to check the fitment,etc.

I would hope that the kit would be less than that !   The chargecooler radiator is 750GBP incl. VAT.  If the kit is that much, I would expect the number of genuinely interested people to be pretty low.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,i recently fitted twin air-to-air intercoolers and tried to make them blend in and look like stock OEM items.Improving their efficiency i added fans that blow down and under the rear,whilst also adding dry ice to sit on top for best power gain.At the same time ,i replaced the ITS and installed a PUK chip and im very happy with the performance for now.Will probably change the radiator at some stage because the Aussie sun can get very hot.IMG_2716.thumb.JPG.54a851994819f08cf50fa13ca2411578.JPG

IMG_2230.JPEG

IMG_2226.JPEG

IMG_2227.JPEG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2730.PNG

• 1 year later...

That's a very similar intercooler arrangement to Dave Clare's V8, which uses an adapted Lotus Carlton chargecooler.

IMG_1464.thumb.JPG.33e8ed9676ff8f8bd25ff8ba7de8a84d.JPG

Biggest restriction of the airflow on these engines is the elbow in the boost pipe from the left side turbo.

Has anyone clocked the compressor section of the turbo so it does not point up towards the exhaust manifold?

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The above kit with the Lotus that got away 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-lotus-twin-turbo-esprit-25th-anniversary/

I remember watching this listing back in 2016 thinking to myself, "I wish I knew how to tune a Lotus"  😒

Built motor,INtercooler setup, AEM piggy back, low miles and a 2002 !!! What a bummer.