free hit
counters
Valet parking at it's finest - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Valet parking at it's finest

A novice hotel valet driver wedged an £80,000 Porsche beneath another guest’s vehicle when he selected the wrong gear and sped forward.

It happened in front of scores of onlookers — including the shocked owner of the Porsche — at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Sydney yesterday.

The unnamed valet, who had just started in the job, said he believed that he had put the guest’s Porsche Carrera into reverse but instead it accelerated forwards into a Subaru belonging to another guest and became wedged underneath. :shock:

Valet parking.jpg

• Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ouch!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That was a car going home.frok one of the big factory events a few years back. I remember the pic, gladly no-one was hurt. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

This will stay on my mind as I drive the Esprit wedge in traffic, thank you very much!!

Normally I just wonder if a moose,elk or deer will go all the way over the car if one happens to attack....

47 minutes ago, Bibs said:

That was a car going home.frok one of the big factory events a few years back. I remember the pic, gladly no-one was hurt. 

‘Big factory event’, that would have been a few years back.😉

2 hours ago, Parramint said:

‘Big factory event’, that would have been a few years back.😉

Remember it well, 2006, 40th anniversary factory opening. Half was cordoned off developing the Evora, still being called project Eagle back then. I had my Excel at the time. Still using my complementary mouse mat, but it’s a bit dog eared now.

047E2B2D-7535-4029-9B4B-CC0AE8F4B93C.jpeg

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

I have to say coming back from GST the other week the oh so accurate Esprit fuel gauge decided I had no petrol on the M25 about 25 miles from dartford Tunnel so pulled into slow lane and stuck at about 60mph at one point I had an artic in front, one behind and one over taking in lane two, properly scary, they definately can’t see you in their mirrors in fact 80% of accidents I see are LHD lorries crushing cars 

• Gold FFM

I had valet parking 2 weekends back. Pull up and stop right outside the front door, leave keys in and engine running and exit the car. Hate it!!! Every time!! Hate it!! 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!