free hit
counters
Esprit Turbo SE 1991MY RHD - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Due to a change in circumstances the time has come for my Turbo SE to find a new home.

This car, a UK- spec Turbo SE (officially Esprit SE for 1991) is the only example in this colour combination (BRG/Magnolia) in RHD in the world. I have the certificate of provenance to prove it. And what a combination it is – it never fails to get compliments even in the company of much flashier cars in more extravagant colours. It’s a pretty timeless spec which I believe will only become more appealing with time.

The car itself? It’s been flawless. From the very first time I laid my eyes on it 6 years ago, I knew it was going to be a keeper. I’ve poured blood, sweat and tears into this car since buying it and over that time it has been a pleasure making small, incremental, improvements to it every year, always using the correct tools and in accordance with Lotus procedures.

The result is a car that is a pleasure to drive and that inspires confidence with no odd noises or rattles or squeaks in the cabin. The few modifications I’ve made to it are of a conservative and reversible nature: it has a sports exhaust, sports catalyst and braided clutch hose. A previous owner had replaced the petrol tanks with stainless, and the header tanks with aluminium ones.

I could go on all day about the stuff I’ve done to refresh the car over the years (shocks and springs, brakes, clutch master cylinder, coolant hoses, various seals, gearshift master unit and translator, injector refurb) but I’ll leave that for another time. Naturally I’ve documented all my work and have probably thousands of pictures to back it up. I’ve also got a thick folder with history from the car’s time in the UK, and dozens of pages of receipts from parts I’ve bought over the years. The DVLA will no doubt also have the cars history on file.  

The car has now done roughly 71 000 miles. During my ownership it has never been tracked or driven in anger. I’ve never even taken it to the redline, instead enjoying it more as a Grand Tourer with the occasional high-boost acceleration, albeit never from a standstill!

It’s not a concours car and it has been repainted at some point in its life. There are stone chips and dings and other marks on the bodywork. The interior is in fantastic condition with a typical patina, but no rips or tears in the leather.

To summarize, this is a car to be driven; a car you can take out and enjoy and not wince too hard when the front spoiler accidentally makes contact with a speed bump, a car that won’t make you cry blood when it gets another stone chip. Over the years I’ve learned that this is what it’s all about – enjoying what you have. And with an Esprit SE you’re in rare air no matter what condition your car is in. And an Esprit you can enjoy with a clear conscience is hard to put a price on.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Naturally since the car is in Sweden I’ll do my best to accommodate requests for specific pictures/video calls etc. 

I’d prefer it if the car were repatriated to the UK. Whoever buys it will have a fantastic journey home if the weather in Sweden holds up!

The post Esprit Turbo SE 1991MY RHD appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More information required.....  Parting with Esprits...not another car...😁...that is a total contradiction in terms. I can't think of anything that isn't another car that I would part with m

You're welcome to her @swindon_alan, although she has beautiful bodywork, once I got her stripped down there were some things underneath that I hadn't expected.         You ca

Nothing as pleasant as a new Esprit I'm afraid. But yep, in the plural. The V8 will be up for sale during the day as well.

• Gold FFM

Vanya?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Yes, unfortunately I will have to part with my Esprits. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately) it's not for another car, but to raise much needed funds for other purposes :)

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Maybe a 'Mercedes'?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, Vanya said:

Yes, unfortunately I will have to part with my Esprits. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately) it's not for another car, but to raise much needed funds for other purposes :)

In the plural 😢

hang on a minute - I reckon you’ve been tipped off about the new esprit 

Only here once

Your Thai bride has already run off with me Steve. Yep. A bloke with an Esprit.

Good deal though mate - your V8 is no longer in a tiny garage but on its way to me on a trailer. I will take the bits I need as spares and part out the rest, no worries.

Don't worry though. She is in good hands. The Thai bride I mean. Locked in MY garage with the rest of my harem.

Love and kissoids x

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

You're welcome to her @swindon_alan, although she has beautiful bodywork, once I got her stripped down there were some things underneath that I hadn't expected.

You can bring my bloody Lotus back though.😂

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

In the plural 😢

hang on a minute - I reckon you’ve been tipped off about the new esprit 

Nothing as pleasant as a new Esprit I'm afraid. But yep, in the plural. The V8 will be up for sale during the day as well.

• Sad 1

Soooo, can we guess at expanding the Family, moving to maybe a bigger house?

Or moving abroad?

Don't tell me it's a dancing donkey?

If it's a Sport300, you are forgiven.

Still, good luck with the sales of both cars, and I am sure you'll be back for another one sooner or later ;)

Cheers

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

Soooo, can we guess at expanding the Family, moving to maybe a bigger house?

Or moving abroad?

Don't tell me it's a dancing donkey?

If it's a Sport300, you are forgiven.

Still, good luck with the sales of both cars, and I am sure you'll be back for another one sooner or later ;)

Cheers

Jacques

Unfortunately none of the above ☹️

We'll see how things pan out, I'm expecting that both cars will take a while to sell (I'm quite certain we're in a recession here in Sweden if not in most of Europe) so I'll still be enjoying them throughout the summer until they're gone. And once they're gone who knows what the future holds. I'll definitely be coming back to Lotus that's for sure. 

Thanks man. Yeah I'm hoping the price will inspire someone from the UK to make the trip out here to look at it :) It's a wonderful car and I will be genuinely gutted the day it goes. It's the car I trust to get me anywhere and never fails to raise my spirits no matter how I'm feeling. 

• 2 months later...

Bump! I still haven't found a home for my SE, and would like to do so before I pull the trigger on a Maserati 3200! I'm willing to negotiate on price if need be. The SE has just had its AC regassed so whoever buys it will be able to stay cool on the way home. 

• 9 months later...

Going to be relistning my SE soon if anyone is looking for a BRG/beige SE. Prior to sale this year it will be getting the works - full C-service with belts, AC re-charge, all fluids switched out and more. Thanks to the piss-poor conversion rate between the Swedish Krona and GBP (favoring the brits) the price will no doubt be extremely favourable.