free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 10 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Lotus Exige Cup 430

They’re in UK East Anglia but can’t offer any reccs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 minutes ago, Akajak said:

I think I saw Hangar 111 could do it

Anyone UK based with recommendations is what I’m after. I’m based in Edinburgh so it’s going to be a ball ache wherever I have to go to get it done. 

Just feel needs a bit of a kick in the mid range really and I’ve most likely just got used to the speed/power. I think it’s a pretty good upgrade for the cost pushing high 400’s bhp and within the limits of the transmission I hope. 

It is way overpowered in anything less than dry weather but in the dry and on track I would just like a bit more punch tbh. 

1 hour ago, Andy Norman said:

Looking into the KT upgrade for the 430 pretty seriously atm. I feel the car needs a bit more oomf and want it to stand out a bit with this and some other subtle mods.  Also think there is little point in waiting another 12 months in warranty. 

Does anyone know of anyone who has done this yet. 

Where do I get it completed, in Germany or will B&C do the conversion for KT?

Thanks in advance. 

H111 are the people you need to be speaking to. Dave is a terrific guy and really knows his stuff. They supply and fit the KT kit, which is the best way to upgrade the 410/430 cars since they are already charge cooled and so no benefit in the TVS1900 kit.

Make it into a road trip, go out to Komo-tec and while they do the conversion, go to the Nurburgring and just enjoy what's going on.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Anyone UK based with recommendations is what I’m after. I’m based in Edinburgh so it’s going to be a ball ache wherever I have to go to get it done. 

Craig Moncrieff has done an Evora S to KT430 upgrade for @saj, i think it was around 18 months ago, but they have done it. Given his knowledge of all things Lotus I would be confident he could do the Exige upgrade for you and they are on your doorstep for the installation but also in case of any issues etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

23 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Just feel needs a bit of a kick in the mid range really and I’ve most likely just got used to the speed/power. I think it’s a pretty good upgrade for the cost pushing high 400’s bhp and within the limits of the transmission I hope. 

It is way overpowered in anything less than dry weather but in the dry and on track I would just like a bit more punch tbh. 

Would be interesting to see the results if you get it done because as you say the mid range is a little lacking. Not sure it’s great value as it’s the same price to upgrade the 410 but arguments either way I guess. 

The torque improvements are better than the Bhp increase and are the key to giving the cup more oomph.

Komotec seem convinced the gearbox can handle it and that seems conducive with the  majority of 460’s which run without a cooler and with the Cup 430 you have all the bells and whistles as standard 

Good Luck 

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Craig Moncrieff has done an Evora S to KT430 upgrade for @saj, i think it was around 18 months ago, but they have done it. Given his knowledge of all things Lotus I would be confident he could do the Exige upgrade for you and they are on your doorstep for the installation but also in case of any issues etc.

Craig Moncrieff?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Was a really enjoyable evening.  Some lovely cars there... and how epic was that Atom's supercharger whine!!!  😲

• Like 1

Early V6S cars did suffer from this but the cap design was updated for better retention, I do believe. 430s should definitely have these.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ross Easson said:

Has anyone had problems with their alloy wheel centre caps falling off after being on track? I can only think the heat has done it...

No, I haven’t. Strange. 

• Like 1

Not a 430 but 350....noticed mine had gone from yellow with blackish tinge after trackday at Snetterton ?

• Like 1

I am aware of a couple of folks who have upgraded their Evoras to the Komotec 475 but has anyone had the EX475 done to their Exige or potentially thinking of doing so

Would be interested in some input 

19 hours ago, Tex said:

I am aware of a couple of folks who have upgraded their Evoras to the Komotec 475 but has anyone had the EX475 done to their Exige or potentially thinking of doing so

Would be interested in some input 

Some of the UK 3-11 guys have had it done.

I had a passenger ride in one at Bilster Berg and the owner was saying that the KT475 (from H111) along with geo had transformed the car to ‘what it should have been from the factory’.

They were very complementary about the revised power delivery.

Edited by Five50

Can tell you that the 460 Kit is already making a big difference in comparison to the standard car. Having a look on their facebook page, there will be a 490 kit soon. 

On 14/09/2019 at 11:35, Five50 said:

Some of the UK 3-11 guys have had it done.

I had a passenger ride in one at Bilster Berg and the owner was saying that the KT475 (from H111) along with geo had transformed the car to ‘what it should have been from the factory’.

They were very complementary about the revised power delivery.

Yes , heard from someone who has had their Evora done and he was impressed with the extra torque the conversion gives and the ability to hold a higher gear . Not heard about the 3-11

Its the Exige conversion that I would like info on :

Is the car any noisier, is it much quicker against the clock and is it more driveable/smoother 

10 hours ago, Sebastian Ritter said:

Can tell you that the 460 Kit is already making a big difference in comparison to the standard car. Having a look on their facebook page, there will be a 490 kit soon. 

Yes seen a few 460 conversions based on the V6s and they are very rapid but the Cup 430 is also very fast as standard . The 475 is the Komotec option on the Cup 430 and Sport 410’s

Would be good to get information from someone who has either had a 430 Cup or the 410 Sport Done to gauge how different they are from standard 

As always folks I strongly recommend driving tuition first before power upgrades, and that recommendation also goes to @GFWilliams as well as many others ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

www.alias23.com

I’d wait for the 490 kit and I’d be pretty miffed if I’d got the 470 kit without knowing this bigger upgrade was in development. 

I think at 490 your looking at engine internals..... 

12 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

I think at 490 your looking at engine internals..... 

What specifically engine internals would you look at, Mark? Crankshaft, bearings, Conrods, pistons, valves, springs, camshafts, anything else?