free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 15 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Lotus Exige Cup 430

12 hours ago, BatMobile said:

I won’t publicly name this firm (but they are a main dealer) but after that ordeal bell & colvill in their entirety are bloody miracle workers!

Why not?

https://www.thelotusforums.com/reviews/

Your experiences might avoid someone else having to go through the same or, give the dealer a chance to improve. 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Why not?

https://www.thelotusforums.com/reviews/

Your experiences might avoid someone else having to go through the same or, give the dealer a chance to improve. 

I won't mention it after this as I don't want to derail the thread but I can't seem log in to that site. 

They offer power upgrades which is scary to me given their work! 

@Andy Norman I would visit your dealer as I understand the new part is different.

13 hours ago, Tex said:

If you think Lotus dealers are bad try McLaren 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just had it confirmed that while you can get a Komotec 490 upgrade for a 311, the ECU in the Cup 430 will only allow 475.

Same engine different ECU !!!

THis is the same as the 350/380 ECU's different code ....

1 hour ago, BatMobile said:

...but I can't seem log in to that site. 

Were you trying to use your TLF login?

Please note that you cannot use your existing TLF log in details, a new account is required for TLF Reviews.”

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Should I have been contacted by the dealership to get my coolant reservoir replaced on my 430?

Any further forward with your power upgrade ?

4 minutes ago, Tex said:

Any further forward with your power upgrade ?

messaged KT as I thought 490 better than 475 for same money as it costs the 410. 

They didn’t respond to my 490 questions as was not on a charge cooled car and didn’t seem to understand what I was asking them tbh. 

The only other upgrade appears to be the sequential powerchain upgrade which I’m not interested in for Road use and need for new box every couple of 1000 miles. 

Will see what happens with KT developments next year when my warranty is up in Feb  

I’ll have a chat to Craig Moncrieff when he’s back off his holidays in a few weeks as my cars going to see him for some tweeks and he’s in the know.

Ben Clucas around Silverstone GP circuit sub 2.20 in V6 Cup

Not sure any of the Lotus’s at Silverstone yesterday could manage that 🤔

Thanks for sharing @Tex quite inspirational to see those types of times being achieved!

Sorry to disappoint though... it’s not a just a Cup it’s a CupR with a good chunk of weight removed from factory let alone pre racing tweaks, also a paddle shift, so not really a comparison to the road going variants of the S3 platform.

Still some interesting lines which I for one will be geeking over before my next trip to Silverstone. For sure he turns in a lot sooner than I do on many corners... always learning!

www.alias23.com

58 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Thanks for sharing @Tex quite inspirational to see those types of times being achieved!

Sorry to disappoint though... it’s not a just a Cup it’s a CupR with a good chunk of weight removed from factory let alone pre racing tweaks, also a paddle shift, so not really a comparison to the road going variants of the S3 platform.

Still some interesting lines which I for one will be geeking over before my next trip to Silverstone. For sure he turns in a lot sooner than I do on many corners... always learning!

Indeed it was but still very quick and allegedly only in region of 360 bhp which is quite believable as he’s only hitting 142 mph down Hangar 

Great colour combination Alistair, welcome to the Cup 430 club.

Would like to see a picture of your yellow charge cooler cover 

• Like 1

That really does enhance  the engine bay and complements the car brilliantly 

• Thanks 1

Wow!  Stunning car - many congratulations!

• Thanks 1

It’s a beauty. Even looked good yesterday morning, covered in muck and leaves!

• Thanks 1

You need to try it here in the new year !

F549C260-0C72-4C91-A24A-BB55E0A06DD7.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Tex said:

You need to try it here in the new year !

F549C260-0C72-4C91-A24A-BB55E0A06DD7.jpeg

It’s the track I want to learn next year, I have only done it once and it completely overwhelmed me; long and fair few parts look the same.

I’m keen to see what @Jack Layton can do in it and how close he can then get me!

@BatMobile is that zest lemon on the chargecooler a powder coat or "normal paint"?  I'm interested in getting my cover painted on my 410Sport Evora. Thanks

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

@BatMobile is that zest lemon on the chargecooler a powder coat or "normal paint"?  I'm interested in getting my cover painted on my 410Sport Evora. Thanks

Normal paint, as the lotus/lines are just bare metal it’s best to spray it all, let it harden and sand back before applying a coating to protect it. To mask it off would add a lot to the cost and wouldn’t Give a better finish (assuming the person is A1 at masking perfectly straight) - the sanding is only the top flat surface so a simple process.

b&c did it for me, guessing any dealer can do the same for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatMobile said:

Normal paint, as the lotus/lines are just bare metal it’s best to spray it all, let it harden and sand back before applying a coating to protect it. To mask it off would add a lot to the cost and wouldn’t Give a better finish (assuming the person is A1 at masking perfectly straight) - the sanding is only the top flat surface so a simple process.

b&c did it for me, guessing any dealer can do the same for you. 

Perfect. Thanks @batmobile and good to know that normal paint works as that means I could co-ordinate to my Fire Red body colour!  Agree re the sanding versus masking of the lines - you just would not be able to get a clean job with masking.  Thanks again for the responses. Much appreciated.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Perfect. Thanks @batmobile and good to know that normal paint works as that means I could co-ordinate to my Fire Red body colour!  Agree re the sanding versus masking of the lines - you just would not be able to get a clean job with masking.  Thanks again for the responses. Much appreciated.

Fire Red would be lovely with silver Lotus script to match your wheels👌 I do like yours in the standard black crinkle finish though.......

3 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Car is off to back on track Friday to swap to the bc wheels. Keen to see how they look.

jez will also be doing a geo, having been in another cup430 with it done, it’s very much an upgrade.

E418ADE1-6419-4B43-8FD3-1C4AF048DBC8.jpeg

If you do have any intention of doing much tracking get the camber set correctly. If not you will investing heavily in new Cup 2’s on a regular basis