free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Lotus Exige Cup 430

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 hours ago, alexthewheelman said:

Does you valve work in Sport and Race modes as well as tour?

There is no reason i didn't try it yet... will let you know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alexthewheelman said:

Does you valve work in Sport and Race modes as well as tour?

Yes, it will. It will work regardless of the mode that you’re in. 

This is because it works on it’s own solenoid, not via the ECU. (I used to have the same system fitted to my Evora). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2018 at 11:17, AlphaZ said:

Hi,

 

I have install my exhaust remote controlled button :)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr3eHY5DH1M

 

Regards

Hi,

Was there any reason you didn’t buy and just fit a push switch where the blanking cover is.  

Presumably the wiring loom is still the same and therefore should work as on older cars. Or has it been changed ? in which case it may not work !!

My dealer is unsure but has ordered the switch in and is then going to connect to see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick  up date !!

Visited Central this morning and Adam kindly fixed the lever for the engine bay. A couple of other minor issues also resolved so all good and with Car now at 400 miles it feels like it is loosening nicely.

The one point as mentioned before is the switchable exhaust valve switch. Hoping for a simple remedy but may need the system AlphaZ has installed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tex said:

Presumably the wiring loom is still the same

It is :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Bibs,

So hopefully a simple fix at the 1,000 mile service and then a chance to hear the Titanium Exhausts burble at lower revs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tex said:

Hi,

Was there any reason you didn’t buy and just fit a push switch where the blanking cover is.  

Presumably the wiring loom is still the same and therefore should work as on older cars. Or has it been changed ? in which case it may not work !!

My dealer is unsure but has ordered the switch in and is then going to connect to see 

Hello,

I have order the second valve before my car arrive :) so there is no reason i think to put a switch button that will power the original valve .. i didn't try it ..

Let me know if you can do this :)

Thank's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did your missus Park it? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tex said:

Pic from Silverstone today 

9F284E9B-DCF9-4119-8CD5-4CE863B16CBA.jpeg

Loving the green mirrors and supports

More pics please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to get pictures from inside central front air intake? 

I guess where is the chargecooler rad, i remember in that position in lower area.

Or not?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IcemanTM said:

Is it possible to get pictures from inside central front air intake? 

I guess where is the chargecooler rad, i remember in that position in lower area.

Or not?

Thank you

Chargecooler radiator is in the LH grille.

Oil cooler radiator is in RH grille.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2018 at 20:29, Tex said:

The switchable Exhaust valve switch was also installed and what a noise the car makes !!!. It doesn’t make all the pops and bangs my 380 did when decelerating but has a fantastic deeper  bassier sound at low revs.

It is a simple install and with an Ecu update 

@Tex Interesting that your dealer carried out the works..  this is what I received from Lotus Cars (through my dealer) upon enquiring whether I could get the button installed: 

“If the vehicle has been modified away from compliance then is illegal and warranty will be void, if a customer is stopped at the road side and the police take a roadside noise test then the vehicle will fail and the owner will be prosecuted, there is new legalisation being launched in the UK shortly that actually makes it a criminal offence for any OEM, or garage to take a vehicle out of compliance, this will result in fines of up to 50k possible".

I wonder if your dealer has confirmed to you whether the install is covered by warranty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RRSSS said:

@Tex Interesting that your dealer carried out the works..  this is what I received from Lotus Cars (through my dealer) upon enquiring whether I could get the button installed: 

“If the vehicle has been modified away from compliance then is illegal and warranty will be void, if a customer is stopped at the road side and the police take a roadside noise test then the vehicle will fail and the owner will be prosecuted, there is new legalisation being launched in the UK shortly that actually makes it a criminal offence for any OEM, or garage to take a vehicle out of compliance, this will result in fines of up to 50k possible".

I wonder if your dealer has confirmed to you whether the install is covered by warranty?

Interesting response !

As Lotus have to supply the button in the first place you may presume that they are aware that they are being retro fitted.

Its an EU requirement for noise reduction I understand so can’t we just ignore it now anyway !

So any 2017 Lotus’s are ok but not 2018 models that have a retro button.

How could the police differentiate in any event between a 2017 Cup 380 with a legal button but registered in 2018 and a 2018 model Lotus. 

Il risk it !!!

But Might just put my front plate back on though 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tex said:

Interesting response !

As Lotus have to supply the button in the first place you may presume that they are aware that they are being retro fitted.

Its an EU requirement for noise reduction I understand so can’t we just ignore it now anyway !

So any 2017 Lotus’s are ok but not 2018 models that have a retro button.

How could the police differentiate in any event between a 2017 Cup 380 with a legal button but registered in 2018 and a 2018 model Lotus. 

Il risk it !!!

But Might just put my front plate back on though 

I don't think I'd be worried about getting pulled over as you say, but more intrigued by what the dealer would say or do if there ever were an issue relating to the button... Has your dealer confirmed that warranty will not be an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like said: override valve switches are illegal in Europe for new cars since 2017 or 2018. So Lotus can no longer fit it.

I see one problem with these aftermarket switches: the valve is no longer controlled by the ECU. So if you give full acceleration and forgot to open the valve you could damage your engine ! But please correct me if I'm wrong.

A cheap trick for an always open valve that you can manually close is this one here:

 

Edited by ArthouseCompany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2018 at 20:54, AlphaZ said:

There is no reason i didn't try it yet... will let you know

Hi, 

Did you have an answer for this .

Ive now had the switch installed on my 43o where it had been on my 380 sport. 

It doesn’t work in Sport or Race mode even though it sayes on dash that it’s open.

Another issue is there are no pops and bangs on deceleration. My old 380 made a better sound but unsure why the 430 doesn’t , perhaps to do with the Titanium Exhaust.

All in all worth the £10 for the switch but sound is not as dramatic as the 380’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2018 at 06:54, AlphaZ said:

There is no reason i didn't try it yet... will let you know

Yes it work on all Mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting you say it doesn't work on all modes @Tex. I'm getting mine installed sometime next week so I'll update on my part.

Question about the towing eye - I assume from the new placement of the plates on the 430 that you can't have it on while the plate is there. Is that correct? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tex said:

It doesn’t work in Sport or Race mode even though it sayes on dash that it’s open.

2

You have an exhaust valve light on the dash? Can you share pics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BAS said:

Interesting you say it doesn't work on all modes @Tex. I'm getting mine installed sometime next week so I'll update on my part.

Question about the towing eye - I assume from the new placement of the plates on the 430 that you can't have it on while the plate is there. Is that correct? 

 

That’s right, the supplied tow Eye screws in behind the plate 

Interesting to see how yours works and also if you get the pops and bangs as no one seems to have confirmed this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×