free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 22 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige Cup 430

8 hours ago, Tex said:

Es extraño que los distribuidores del Reino Unido que se ajustan a ellos requieren una actualización de la ECU y solo funciona en modo normal.

Parece un poco sospechoso si puede comprar directamente e instalar sin él.

May be because mine its a Exige 410

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will pop some up on collection day but....    

This is the way she normally parks on the drive. Blocking everyone else in !!! Couple more from today,  but not quite George Williams quality !! Also pic of my old Kawasaki green 380. A

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Joseph Antabi said:

May be because mine its a Exige 410

Not sure what difference that would make though !!

All EU cars had new noise rules brought in and 410’s and 430’S included ?

• 1 month later...

Looks like the newest Cup 430 has had a little addition to its rear. Winglets on the rear diffuser.

Wonder if it can be fitted to older cars ?

189599DD-A478-4A6E-AAD3-3137AF6BAB8D.jpeg

It's part of the barge-boards kit as on the Sport / Cup 380.
You also have it on the Cup 430 Type 25/49/79...
It can then be properly fitted yes 👍

rear.png

Edited by Martrack

@Martrack the pic above is different to the 380 configuration - on the 380 they’re a separate part.....on the photo above it looks as if they’re now part of the diffuser? Unless it’s just a bit of an optical illusion?

I had to fight for the rear boards and carbon side boards  to be fitted by the factory after being told numerous times By Oakmere that the factory can’t fit these for homologation reasons ????

i was adamant I wanted them and eventually they did it.

after coming from a 380 that has these as standard  there was no way I was spending the best part of £40k more to then look at the car and Feel like I’d lost some bits which make the car look so much better imo  

I was also told I couldn’t have black gloss wheels?”????

The above options are now available on the configerator and are appearing on cars out of the factory!!! work that one out!

😔

• Confused 1

Link to @Screem new 430, where we clearly see how this is done (2 parts, not a single diffuser one) :
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/110178-new-430-cup/

6 minutes ago, Screem said:

The above options are now available on the configerator and are appearing on cars out of the factory!!! work that one out!

You'll have noticed that on the configurator, the rear boards are not present, well at least then are not added to the car when you go for the barge boards.
According to your experience though, we can ask for them, good news.

8 minutes ago, Screem said:

I was also told I couldn’t have black gloss wheels?”????

I do hope we'll still be able to have satin black ones 😅
As you're right, they are gloss now on the configurator...

• 3 weeks later...

My Cup 430 is now over 2 years old and done just over 10,000 miles.

With a few upgrades, 3rd set of tyres just fitted and 2 sets of pads and servicing the car has been pretty much faultless with no other costs.

Inherently it is most at home on track as can be noisy on longer trips. A trip across to Spa in July though with a mixture of Porsche’s and a Ferrari did show just how good a tourer it can be so long as you wear noise cancelling headphones. On track it can mix it with the bigger stuff at an infinitely lower cost to consumables.

The biggest accolade though is when you can directly compare to other marques on same day and same track. Was fortunate to have a choice of cars to drive at Silverstone recently including a McLaren 720s and a GT3RS Porsche. I preferred the Lotus to drive for all the usual reasons and reinforced why it’s a keeper for me.

handling is a bit fiddly to set up compared to other 2  but I think I now have a good set up for both Donington and Silverstone and pleased I spent a bit of time doing so.

Just ordered the rear barge boards and looking to get them carbon dipped before installation. Does make the rear look more finished off imo 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Looks a nice car. But Not withstanding anything here concerning the car which I have no knowledge of but  Collecting Cars Terms for a buyer are very poor.

I notice they have just recently revised them.

But in any event if for any reason the buyer  does not proceed with the sale  the 6% buyers premium is non refundable so as a buyer you need to be 100% certain of the car as any rejection may get your money back from the seller but not the buyers premium.

I know of this car... the previous owner to the current, it was in impeccable condition and when it was up for sale in the past I was seriously tempted! If I hadn't recently just purchased a new daily I'd be back into counting pennies to try and make this work!

www.alias23.com

This car is insane, I would love to own it but would need a rebuild from rh to lh car and the taxes here, ouch... 

Picked up these rear barge boards and getting  them Carbon Fibre laminated next week, but while there will get them templated with a view to having full carbon fibre ones made up.

Issue that has been raised is while the Cup430’s do not benefit aerodynamically from having the additional side skirt barge boards because of the revised front clam if you fit the rear ones you really ought to fit the side ones.  Anyone have knowledge of this.

If so then I looked at these from Elise-shop but they have red paint for some peculiar reason on them. Yvo has confirmed that as paint is over the lacquer it can be polished out , anyone have experience of them 

https://www.elise-shop.com/380-sport-style-side-skirts-exige-v6-p-503313:1d3e3c0d7d246e0f2f3d37b1415941cb.html

6618015B-F3F8-4790-9274-ACC71D463C0D.jpeg

EEB2B933-7E19-4972-B740-19ADE105EBE6.jpeg

Yes it was a  similar point raised in the Cup 430 supplement with reference to the 380 Cup that alerted me to this.