free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Lotus Exige Cup 430

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am aware that Komotec do a 500 bhp upgrade at a price in region of €25,000 but this i think this  is more suited cost wise to V6s and 350s  upgrades 

What would be possible for the 430 or even the 410 as while there is ample bhp for road , a little extra on track never hurt .

Haven’t seen any power upgrades for these models yet but would like to know what is available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tex said:

I am aware that Komotec do a 500 bhp upgrade at a price in region of €25,000 but this i think this  is more suited cost wise to V6s and 350s  upgrades 

What would be possible for the 430 or even the 410 as while there is ample bhp for road , a little extra on track never hurt .

Haven’t seen any power upgrades for these models yet but would like to know what is available 

I’d be more worried about a proper gearbox solution before changing engine internals. I thought the KT 500 went above the recommended torque levels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

There is an EX460 kit offered by KT/H111 for the 4X0 series engines:

http://www.hangar111.com/shop/komo-tec-lotus-tuning/670-komo-tec-evora-400-phase-1-ev4-460.html

Yes I did notice this kit but hadn’t seen anything directly relating to the Exige

An additional 30bhp for the Cup 430 would be very welcome if it was achievable at a reasonable price point as i think brakes etc    are up to the extra power , less sure about gearbox though.

 

8 hours ago, MrP_ said:

I’d be more worried about a proper gearbox solution before changing engine internals. I thought the KT 500 went above the recommended torque levels

Yes and there I guess lies the biggest problem as the EX500 appears to have a sequential gearbox option  presumably a lot stronger than stock. The stock purchase from KT has uprated  forged pistons and con-rods but no gearbox mods that I can see and may well be above the standard  gearboxes torque tolerance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tex said:

Yes I did notice this kit but hadn’t seen anything directly relating to the Exige

Same engine, same kits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tex said:

I am aware that Komotec do a 500 bhp upgrade at a price in region of €25,000 but this i think this  is more suited cost wise to V6s and 350s  upgrades 

What would be possible for the 430 or even the 410 as while there is ample bhp for road , a little extra on track never hurt .

Haven’t seen any power upgrades for these models yet but would like to know what is available 

The 3-11 upgrade would be suitable as far as I am aware, nice increase, but ok with standard engine internals and gearbox

https://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Power-Phases/Phase-Eleven-475-Upgrade-60hp-80Nm-3-Eleven.html

I'd also add the carbon air box and suitable bespoke mapping session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AlphaZ said:

Mine was 424 ch and 480 NM stock and after upgrade was 459 ch and 520 NM

 

lotus .jpg

Not sure this is available in Uk and obviously would prefer an installer here , but

looks like a very good increase though.

How does it feel In comparison to stock ? the issue I have is the lack of grunt at higher speed between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm particularly against much heavier but 500bhp + Cars

 

11 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Same engine, same kits. 

Looks a reasonable option at the price. As mentioned here what I would like is extra shove in the mid range. Will look at having a chat with Hangar 111

7 hours ago, 550superfast said:

The 3-11 upgrade would be suitable as far as I am aware, nice increase, but ok with standard engine internals and gearbox

https://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Power-Phases/Phase-Eleven-475-Upgrade-60hp-80Nm-3-Eleven.html

I'd also add the carbon air box and suitable bespoke mapping session.

Looks very suitable and at a reasonable cost . Do you know anyone that has had this installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tex said:

Looks very suitable and at a reasonable cost . Do you know anyone that has had this installed?

Gary knows someone who might have it installed sometime soon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solutions for Exige 4x0 are being worked on with regards to the ECU. Feel free to drop me a line (am away racing weekend at present).

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Gary knows someone who might have it installed sometime soon

Would be interested in the outcome once he does 👍🏽

4 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Solutions for Exige 4x0 are being worked on with regards to the ECU. Feel free to drop me a line (am away racing weekend at present).

Dave

Good to know , 👍🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tex said:

Not sure this is available in Uk and obviously would prefer an installer here , but

looks like a very good increase though.

How does it feel In comparison to stock ? the issue I have is the lack of grunt at higher speed between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm particularly against much heavier but 500bhp + Cars

 

Looks a reasonable option at the price. As mentioned here what I would like is extra shove in the mid range. Will look at having a chat with Hangar 111

Looks very suitable and at a reasonable cost . Do you know anyone that has had this installed?

There is a 3-11 on here with it, also seen a few a Spa going around (matt black one from memory)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 550superfast said:

There is a 3-11 on here with it, also seen a few a Spa going around (matt black one from memory)

 

Dave from Hangar 111 has mentioned they are working on the ECU upgrade for the 430 which will be required I guess before any mods can be implemented.

Would be good to see just how quick a 430 can be and perhaps silence the EX460 v Cup 430 debate 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some independent opinion here from David Pittard: 

Got another 3-11 coming in for this upgrade in a couple of weeks.

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went to take the roof off. I don’t have the tool to get the 4 remaining roof bolts out. It’s a star design like the front window valance but with a small circular protrusion cylinder in the middle. Annoying!! Anyone know where or what this attachment is called so I can buy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it not one of the security torx bolts?

image.jpeg.a0cbd04ee88ad6c192e8950ad4121437.jpegimage.jpeg.1650f7daf847005ee1b21853f5aa90a7.jpeg


Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Is it not one of the security torx bolts?

image.jpeg.a0cbd04ee88ad6c192e8950ad4121437.jpegimage.jpeg.1650f7daf847005ee1b21853f5aa90a7.jpeg

Yes

just B&Q job?

On 16/10/2018 at 23:10, dbo said:

If you dont mind the exhaust always open, you can pull the tube between the supercharger and the small pressure canister (or pressure canister to ECU controlled valve), and plug it. I have seen another post which places a (fish tank) 1 way lever valve in this line which gives the option of manually enabling/disabling if thats more appropriate for you.

 

20181017_084328.jpg.76c03b5b4c3a460ee04a8f45cce974df.jpg

This tube?

C369A2B0-B425-4A9B-9C2D-9FA61F91B832.jpeg

5E160F8D-C550-4590-A9CE-131CB6BF5FE6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Yes

just B&Q job?

Probably or quicker and easier to just order on Amazon and get delivered - I'd probably say Halfords more than B&Q on second thoughts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOEN-Wrench-Tamper-Screwdriver-L-Shape/dp/B07BFVWBV5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540137453&sr=8-1&keywords=torx+secure


Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Probably or quicker and easier to just order on Amazon and get delivered - I'd probably say Halfords more than B&Q on second thoughts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOEN-Wrench-Tamper-Screwdriver-L-Shape/dp/B07BFVWBV5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540137453&sr=8-1&keywords=torx+secure

Not those ones, they only go up to t27. You need a t40.

This set would work https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yakamoz-T5-T40-Magnetic-Security-Driver/dp/B073ZVJ56Z/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1540152230&sr=8-7&keywords=Security+torx

But any with a T40 security torx but will be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2018 at 00:57, Tex said:

Dave from Hangar 111 has mentioned they are working on the ECU upgrade for the 430 which will be required I guess before any mods can be implemented.

Would be good to see just how quick a 430 can be and perhaps silence the EX460 v Cup 430 debate 

 

 

19th November at Silverstone. 

You should get an opportunity there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Just went to take the roof off. I don’t have the tool to get the 4 remaining roof bolts out. It’s a star design like the front window valance but with a small circular protrusion cylinder in the middle. Annoying!! Anyone know where or what this attachment is called so I can buy it?

so bizarre! there was another thread where we were discussing how Lotus stopped using those bolts and started using regular torx bolts. I guess they must have run out of these bolts for awhile and started using normal ones until they got new stock...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...