free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 8 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Lotus Exige Cup 430

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, AlphaZ said:

Oups... 461 ch and 484 NM after an ECU upgrade.

:thumbup: Did you by any chance do a run before the reflash? Do you know what was changed specifically in the ROM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

KomoTex uses a very reliable and obviously significant Dyno called AutoDyn SuperFlow AWD SF-880. If you want to learn more about it you can find it here:

https://www.superflow.com/aspx/prodDetail.aspx?prodid=1&catid=1&navid=6

From my point of view against this background the measured values posted above due to the dyno used are most likely not correct (too good to be true...) - disregarding I never heard from a Lotus that provided more power ex works than the manufacturer claimed 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interim service with us (Hofmann's) is about £220inc.  Hour of labour + oil + filter and the car would have a once over and a road test in with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2018 at 08:25, dbo said:

Yes, thats the tube. You need to plug it on the charger. you can plug the tube side if you want also, but it doesnt matter.

What did you use to plug it on the charger end? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2018 at 08:25, dbo said:

Yes, thats the tube. You need to plug it on the charger. you can plug the tube side if you want also, but it doesnt matter.

What did you use to plug the charger side?

Thanks,

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your were asked to get back on topic folks. 

All Silverstone trackday discussion has been moved to a new hidden topic and I'll make a decision on what to do with that topic with the moderators once we've had a chance to talk about it.

Any other posts relating to the trackday will be moved to that topic but I'd rather not have to bother so please stick to discussion of the Exige Cup 430 in this thread.

  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed at the weekend that the front access panel seemed a bit loose at the front end

Been taking it on and off more recently adjusting the compression settings.

On further investigation I discovered the 2 rubber grommets fixed to the holes in the clam body which you insert the tangs into had gone.  

A bit strange but it’s a Lotus!!

Decided against ringing a dealer to get replacements so instead rang Lotus Customer Service, who could not have been more helpful.

Clearly not ideal to lose the grommets but well done to Lotus who got them in the post to me today .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the front number plate position on the 430 covering the tow loop, as previously mentioned I’d like it on most of the time to protect the car and I think it suits being on being a Cup with the rear fitment sitting there on the rear although folded over and tucked in.   

I’ve seen a mount on a 430 on a Lotus FB group which looks like a small plate wedged into the top of the CF splitter and clam onto which you can tape on the plate. 

Anyone have an idea where I can get one or if they will muck about with the airflow into the front rads if I fit one?

Secondly, I want some track driver training, anyone have recommendations for Knockhill or Croft as not too far from Edinburgh. I really don’t want to put the miles on a return trip to Hethel if there is a reputable option nearer to home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy Norman said:

I hate the front number plate position on the 430 covering the tow loop, as previously mentioned I’d like it on most of the time to protect the car and I think it suits being on being a Cup with the rear fitment sitting there on the rear although folded over and tucked in.   

I’ve seen a mount on a 430 on a Lotus FB group which looks like a small plate wedged into the top of the CF splitter and clam onto which you can tape on the plate. 

Anyone have an idea where I can get one or if they will muck about with the airflow into the front rads if I fit one?

Secondly, I want some track driver training, anyone have recommendations for Knockhill or Croft as not too far from Edinburgh. I really don’t want to put the miles on a return trip to Hethel if there is a reputable option nearer to home?

Have you got a pic you can share as struggling to visualise...


www.alias23.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Have you got a pic you can share as struggling to visualise...

Wisu Bucher’s post. 

Post 13th Feb 2019  green 430 red alloys  

FB group: Lotus Exige S V6 Owners Group. 

I can’t move the picture screen shot here the file is too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Wisu Bucher’s post. 

Post 13th Feb 2019  green 430 red alloys  

FB group: Lotus Exige S V6 Owners Group. 

I can’t move the picture screen shot here the file is too big.

 

695B4437-CE46-4D2D-9078-55C5E323F8D9.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2019 at 23:01, BatMobile said:

 

695B4437-CE46-4D2D-9078-55C5E323F8D9.jpeg

This is a Swiss registry. A small front plate is standard in Switzerland.


If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2019 at 20:33, Tex said:

Noticed at the weekend that the front access panel seemed a bit loose at the front end

Been taking it on and off more recently adjusting the compression settings.

On further investigation I discovered the 2 rubber grommets fixed to the holes in the clam body which you insert the tangs into had gone.  

A bit strange but it’s a Lotus!!

Decided against ringing a dealer to get replacements so instead rang Lotus Customer Service, who could not have been more helpful.

Clearly not ideal to lose the grommets but well done to Lotus who got them in the post to me today .

I think I may have the same issue with my car. Can you take a picture of this part? Currently I don't have any plastic pieces there and I've taken the front access panel off a couple of times I suspect I may have the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the dealer and mechanic noticed one of my rubber grommets were missing. So he used a rubber tube to cut a new makeshift one and inserted it into the hole. I think it's actually better than the OEM one since it's a bit tighter and so causes less wobble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BAS said:

I think I may have the same issue with my car. Can you take a picture of this part? Currently I don't have any plastic pieces there and I've taken the front access panel off a couple of times I suspect I may have the same issue.

Grommet is like a doughnut and just pushes into the hole but best to put a bit of superglue on it 

E0B4519D-6EC5-4173-9712-3BCADEB51169.jpeg

3C709BD8-0072-4254-9957-C75A544C14E7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t really understand this. 

Buy, click it works? Not a lot of explanation in the summary. 

F7EAB86E-7F88-463F-AF6A-EAAA9B7938A2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Don’t really understand this. 

Buy, click it works? Not a lot of explanation in the summary. 

F7EAB86E-7F88-463F-AF6A-EAAA9B7938A2.png

I have this on my car and it would work on the 430 Cup. To explain a bit more, this replaces the factory valve control, so still uses the vacuum from the supercharger, but you control it from the remote and is simply open or closed. It’s not connected to the ECU anymore so won’t open automatically at certain revs.  In theory, you need to be careful not to drive hard with the valve closed at high revs as it may break the valve.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the 0-100 mph of the car?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Evora 400 is around 9.5 so my thinking was it would be nearer 8 ish ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Evora 400 is around 9.5 so my thinking was it would be nearer 8 ish ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...