free hit
counters
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 26 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

• Gold FFM

@Tex @Toqcars

Just for your info, this is what my tank looked like after the first limp mode. The tank was clean up until that point.

IMG-8641.jpg

The coolant was obviously getting hot, and pressure had built up. Either the cap is leaking, or it genuinely did its job and relieved the pressure at 16psi. Either way, when this pressure relief happens it must throw up some code. 

What was weird, was the level seemed low when I first looked at it and then slowly went back up to the line as it sat there. I still can't understand that bit at all.

I've just cleaned it up and tried to re-tighten the cap, but it jumps threads before it gets to what I consider to be properly tight. I've ordered a new cap and a new tank. (The tank part number is now on it's FOURTH revision. I'm not sure what version I've got fitted)

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Paul_D said:

@Tex @Toqcars

Just for your info, this is what my tank looked like after the first limp mode. The tank was clean up until that point.

IMG-8641.jpg

The coolant was obviously getting hot, and pressure had built up. Either the cap is leaking, or it genuinely did its job and relieved the pressure at 16psi. Either way, when this pressure relief happens it must throw up some code. 

What was weird, was the level seemed low when I first looked at it and then slowly went back up to the line as it sat there. I still can't understand that bit at all.

I've just cleaned it up and tried to re-tighten the cap, but it jumps threads before it gets to what I consider to be properly tight. I've ordered a new cap and a new tank. (The tank part number is now on it's FOURTH revision. I'm not sure what version I've got fitted)

I had a new tank fitted last year as does appear they do leak presumably from the pressure