free hit
counters
Warranty Items - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Warranty Items

Sharky

Warranty Items  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As my warranty wastes away I've been wondering what I should be having done or at least checked while still under warranty. Hence I wondered if a poll might work to gather this type of detail....

I've added stuff I've not heard of being required just for completeness. Worth a shot, but please do add if you've had further issues I've not covered.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

As my warranty wastes away I've been wondering what I should be having done or at least checked while still under warranty. Hence I wondered if a poll might work to gather this type of detail....

I've added stuff I've not heard of being required just for completeness. Worth a shot, but please do add if you've had further issues I've not covered.

You forhot the 'nothing needed' button

At delivery, mine had very stiff steering - it wouldn't self-centre. This needed a new steering rack. Sometime after that there was an issue with the steering position sensor, not sure if this was replaced or just connections reseated. There were also a few squeaks / rattles that were sorted, including a rev-specific "tizz" from one of the heat-shields in the engine bay. This was never completely cured, but to their credit the dealer stopped most of it.

Then no problems for the next couple of years until I noticed that the exhaust valve override didn't work. This needed a new solenoid. Fast-forward to the end of warranty inspection / first MOT when a lot of corrosion was reported, including brake lines and a broken front suspension spring. The spring was replaced under warranty, apparently the corroded brake lines are fine...

Some months after the warranty expired I noticed that the washers didn't work and purely by chance, that the alarm siren was also silent. The dealer put in a good-will claim but Lotus refused, so I'm currently waiting for replacement parts and hoping the washer motor arrives before the MOT expires.

My advice is to check that everything works as it should and have a nose around underneath and report anything you're not happy with.

Having said all this, I do love the car and have no plans to change it - I just hope it doesn't turn to dust before I do!

V6S #1 - New clutch after complete failure  (and in fact it's 2nd within 2000miles, first one was before my ownership. ). Car later rejected because of major repair balls-up. Had at least another 2 clutches after!

V6S #2 - Exhaust bypass valve solenoid (failed rendering valve stuck)

V6 Cup -  Nothing. Had a leaky sump joint but that was outside of the 1yr Cup warranty period. Doesn't apply to your car as the Cup sumps are fitted at Lotus. Yours shouldn't have been disturbed since leaving the Toyota engine plant.

I'm taking my car to Silverstone Lotus next week for new locks, as the drivers side door release has failed. Basically the C clip has come off the back and needs refitting but Silverstone decided it needs new locks and barrels all round.

I've also had a awful interior squeak resolved under warranty.  The rear hatch failed but I managed to resolve this myself. 

So far the Lotus is doing better than my previous car (BMW M235i), which had loads of work done under warranty. 

2 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

I'm taking my car to Silverstone Lotus next week for new locks, as the drivers side door release has failed. Basically the C clip has come off the back and needs refitting but Silverstone decided it needs new locks and barrels all round.

I've also had a awful interior squeak resolved under warranty.  The rear hatch failed but I managed to resolve this myself. 

So far the Lotus is doing better than my previous car (BMW M235i), which had loads of work done under warranty. 

Actually my Cup suffered a stuck exterior door push button during the running in period, but I refrained from adding that as I don't think it was a failed part that needed changing.

16 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

You forhot the 'nothing needed' button

You're right.   I have to say I have heard of several who have had very little or no problems. I fortunately only have  a couple of niggles, nothing major so far. Windscreen rubber surround doesn't appear properly glued down is the biggest one.

Edited by Sharky