free hit
counters
Another GT410 incoming - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another GT410 incoming

Spinney

Following my visit to Hethel this week so I could look at various body/interior colour combos, I've now buttoned down the spec and will be placing the order once Jamie at B & C is back from his hols.

Just one question to those of you who already have a 410 or 430 though. For years now I've always kept my toys on CTEK battery conditioners when they're in the garage but all of those have the traditional lead acid battery. Whenever I return from a blat, they always go straight back on the CTEK as they may not be used again for a couple of weeks or more, but can you do the same with the Lithium ion lightweight batteries in the 410 and 430?

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@SpinneyYes; and you should get a Lotus approved battery conditioner supplied with the car. Congrats on the new car and look forward to seeing pics when it's built.

• Like 1

Ah well now, while I think I've decided on the colour (actually pretty certain - I erm think) I do have a history of being just a tad fickle and changing my mind right up to the wire. Don't think I'll change my mind this time, but not going to say until a bit nearer the time. 😊

• Gold FFM

That car is gorgeous at SMC.

I know people with McLarens, which also have Lithium batteries, the official charger is the usual rebranded CTEK and the advice is to leave them on charge when the car isnt being used for more than a few days.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

9 hours ago, Spinney said:

Was very tempted by this stunning colour though........

image.thumb.jpeg.0aac5f227c8e8a41990d84d38525745f.jpeg

I saw this colour on a completed 430 at the factory during my tour on Wednesday... totally stunning! (Lotus Motorsport Green)

Never (intentionally) been into green for a car colour before, but it looked bloody awesome in the 'flesh' 😎

You must be v excited! Are you going to the factory to watch your car being built?

This colour is actually Vivid Green, according to Scott. Motorsport green is quite a bit darker, although looks lovely too. The pics don't really do either colour justice but the Vivid, particularly, just comes alive when you see it in the plastic.

I've been to the factory to see my last two cars being built so may not go for this one. Here are the two shades for comparison:-

Vivid

image.jpeg.b4ae30a0c8017c53376935e9cf72e48a.jpeg

Motorsport

image.jpeg.6c600bec78a0d93dfa765bc50ee3ba36.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spinney said:

Following my visit to Hethel this week so I could look at various body/interior colour combos, I've now buttoned down the spec and will be placing the order once Jamie at B & C is back from his hols.

Just one question to those of you who already have a 410 or 430 though. For years now I've always kept my toys on CTEK battery conditioners when they're in the garage but all of those have the traditional lead acid battery. Whenever I return from a blat, they always go straight back on the CTEK as they may not be used again for a couple of weeks or more, but can you do the same with the Lithium ion lightweight batteries in the 410 and 430?

Let’s hope Jamie talks you into a 430 the more British 430 owners the better TBTH!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

2 hours ago, Plehti said:

Great colour, however if I'd be buying a car right now, I would choose the Liquid Yellow as shown in B&C on Evora 430.... 

The trouble is, all Lotus cars look good in such a wide range of colours so it's never easy to choose. Mechanical spec I'm fine with but show me a colour pallette and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop; totally unable to make a cohesive choice and stick to it.:) In business I always prided myself that I could make a quick, reasoned decision and go with it but colour choice on a Lotus? Not a chance!

Edited by Spinney

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stewie177 said:

Spinney

May I ask why you are moving from an Exige to an Evora? What was the motivation?

In a word..........age! 😄

That’s the simple answer but there are a few reasons I should maybe elaborate on. 

1) Take a look at my avatar where my 6’-4” son is driving the car at Spa and you will see his crash hat is higher than the windscreen and roll bar. He is pretty much unable to drive the Exige on track when the roof is on. I like to do track days with him, so need a car with more headroom. I’m the shorta**e sitting next to him in that pic, so headroom clearly isn’t the issue for me. 😁 The following is however. 

2) My wife and I use the car for some touring throughout mainland Europe and fitting sufficient clothing etc in the car for more than 10-14 days can be a challenge. 

3) I find it increasingly difficult to get in or out of the Exige with the roof on. That’s part 1 of the age reason. 

4) I have arthritic knees which make continued clutch operation in a manual car, especially through town driving, uncomfortable after more than an hour or two. Thats part 2 of the age reason. 

I love my Exige and would dearly love to keep it, but for all the practical reasons above, that just isn’t an option. For a couple of years now, I’ve been waiting patiently for the oft promised Evora Roadster as I’d much prefer an open top car, but since the realisation Lotus had canned it, a coupe was the only remaining option for me if I want to stay with Lotus. 

I hope that explains my reasons adequately. 

Edited by Spinney