free hit
counters
Exige 350sport - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 350sport

Stewart333

Hi all,

I went for a test drive in a exige s at stratton motors the other day and wow what a car, now which one do i buy lol, im looking at doing trackdays and i understand that the 380sports will not conform to the noise levels on track days,but does anyone know if the 350sport exhaust is quite enough for track days or is this one too loud aswell. Thanks stew soon to be exige owner

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome along for the ride, Stewart. :welcome:

The Sport 350 uses the original type of exhaust (rather than the larger bore one from the Evora 400 & Sport 380). This means that it will test at about 100dB so you’ll be okay for UK ’loud’ trackdays although you might struggle on 98dB days.

Edited to add: according to @alias23‘s thread, a 350 will be closer to 100dB (also see below). The original V6 is 94ish. 

My 350 tested 100db exactly at goodwood.

they get on most tracks no problem but some tracks require louder days.

at goodwood you will need a 105db day due to the drive by noise.

buying one will be the best decision you will make.

Thanks Bravo for that makes my decision alot easia 350 sport it is then.and i am from soham Cambridgeshire Buddsy. I wish lotus would market there cars better i nearly brought a ftype jag if it wasnt for jayemm on utube i would never have looked at lotus! I was totally blown away with how the exige drives and looks what a car made me feel alive.Going to buy a essex blue 350sport tomorrow hopefully if the cars as good as it looks.

Thanks batmobile for info

• Like 2

Welcome to TLF Stewart. :welcome: 

Looking forward to the photos if the sale comes off. Sounds great.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Nice work!

Regarding tracking the car, there’s not really much to do. Exiges are pretty much good to go ‘out of the box’. 

Check the fluids, fill it with fuel and off you go. If you haven’t got one already, get yourself a decent, portable tyre pressure guage. That will be your single best, initial investment (other than a decent helmet). 

As you continue tracking the car, you might look into upgrading the brake pads and maybe the tyres. But by then you’ll be hooked and sliding down a very slippery, very fun, slope. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

I got Hofmanns to put upgraded brake fluid in mine, i’d Highly recommend that but no thing else is needed.

if you want to get up to speed quickly then I can highly recommend both @david_pittard and @Jack Layton - I have spent a day with both of them and their experience is invaluable.

if you go to the track section I have a “journey into track days” where, as a newbie myself, I have covered most things from circuits to avoid and clothing.

we are trying to get a date in for July/August so it would be ace if you could come along as well.

i agree with bravo, it is a slippery slope so get your husband points up now as believe me you will need them!

• Like 1

Wow, congrats on the new car 

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Great choice on the car and welcome! Always happy to see another Lotus in the East Anglia area. I took my Evora out yesterday and didn't see a single Lotus in 4 hours, despite being round the corner from the factory! 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)