free hit
counters
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pete757

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

2 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

A 16 plate sports racer must be the last one registered.?

Yes, I'm the fool who bought the last unregistered one it seems, rather than a 400 as I just didnt (still don't) like the look of them at all. I think it's only with the 410/430 GT models that they've made the Evora beautiful again, well on the outside at least!

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 minutes ago, trcm said:

Yes, I'm the fool who bought the last unregistered one it seems, rather than a 400 as I just didnt (still don't) like the look of them at all. I think it's only with the 410/430 GT models that they've made the Evora beautiful again, well on the outside at least!

Completely agree.

• Like 1

And me. So glad I bought a late model SSr rather than the 400.

Not sure if this is allowed so please delete if necessary, but seemed relevant to the SR owners on this page -i've got two black 19" OEM alloys (tyreless), from my old SR. Newly refurbished as they had some light kerb rash. Will post an ad very soon. 

Edited by Miguel

Lovely colour combo you have there, but for me the front and rear need to match oem whichever way you go. I would quite like the current front/rear bumper style, but not sure it would work with the S1 tailgate. I'll stick with the S1 look I think B-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AndrewR said:

But ever so slightly preferred the front of the later models so for me this car was my ideal compromise

I agree - overall I prefer the S1 styling to the 400 look but the front could be a little more assertive.  Can I ask where you sourced the front bumper from?

3 hours ago, Techyd said:

I agree - overall I prefer the S1 styling to the 400 look but the front could be a little more assertive.  Can I ask where you sourced the front bumper from?

Try on the classifieds I've seen GTE body parts pop up before.  ES Motorsports sometimes have some spares kicking around.  Stratton cars are rebuilding the GTE Evora they may have some spare bumpers?  Failing all that a company called Win Ace makes a copy that looks similar to the Evora GTE bumper.   I've not got their parts my self but feedback from other posts online suggests their work is good.

12 hours ago, tim_marra said:

I would quite like the current front/rear bumper style, but not sure it would work with the S1 tailgate.

WinAce also do a ducktail spoiler rear hatch similar to the GT4XX sport models.  I've thought of replacing the one on my Evora with a carbon one from WinAce.  makes the car lighter and adds the slated hatch to aid cooling.  But costs £££

The Elise-Shop does a good range....been thinking about changing the front service panel to a carbon fibre one, but I suspect I'll end up wanting to do lots more carbon fibre as well!

I believe Elise Shop might be the UK seller for the WinAce stuff I mentioned.  I'm not 100% sure so apologises if I'm wrong.

Yep once you pop its hard to stop.  I have carbon side boards and rear diffuser.  Tempted to get the ducktail boot panel trying to resist at the mo.   Also looking for front spoiler ....   ah when will it end!

10 hours ago, Techyd said:

As the others have said I am sure it is a WinAce item but cannot say for certain as it was fitted prior to my purchase. I had always longed for a Red Evora with the black pack and went to Hedge End to look at exactly that. But this was there as well and side by side this just did it. 

It also came with the plate already attached, which while it is a nice plate it does (for my mind) take the fakery a little too far. One day I may change it to something but at the moment it is a good way down on my (wife's) list.

Edited by AndrewR
  • Like 1

ADR

On 11/06/2018 at 21:59, JG220 said:

vxkUm6g.jpg

two at snows circa late 2015. The orange one was lovely. 

Does anyone know who owns the Chrome orange sports racer?

No, but I do now know the official UK production figures for the Sports Racer!

Only 101 made, of which 24 were normally aspirated. Of those only 4 were white and mine was the second made 😎

Car still feels special after nearly 18 months of daily driving.

• Like 1

You sure there are only 4 white? (Supercharged?)

edit : sorry - you mean there are 4 white NA’s ?

Edited by mik

Have you got other stats? This seems like the thread they should be posted in....

101 in total is what I read before, with 53 (from memory) manual S models?

I got my Certificate of Provenance from Lotus, it’s says 101 Sports Racers. My car is Pewter grey (also known as Vortex grey), there were 4 in that colour, all S models, 2 manual and 2 IPS. Mine was the 74th Sports Racer made. 

4 hours ago, mik said:

Have you got other stats? This seems like the thread they should be posted in....

101 in total is what I read before, with 53 (from memory) manual S models?

That’s pretty much all I have from my provenance cert. The rest is just about my car.

@greenevora was that the car for sale at Westover? 

Congrats, a stunning car. I was tempted for sure ;) 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400