free hit
counters
Chair pull broken - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Chair pull broken

So, my oldest has managed to break the chair pull/release. Fortunately she was then able to escape from the driver side. 

Any idea what it’s going to cost to fix, if it’s something I could do myself? The leather loop is intact, it’s the plastic that it’s connected to that’s broken (inside the assembly). 

I think the problem is she’s pulled it towards her and not up. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Nathan.

There was a Lotus service bulletin fix to strengthen this part.  Depending on the age of your car, it may be eligible.

Either way,  these parts (should be!) available from Lotus.  If I remember correctly, it is a bit fiddly, but not particularly complex to fit.

Dave

• Like 1

Similar to you, on my 400 one of the seat-back tilt mechanisms broke about 2 months after I bought the car. I had a look to see if I could fix it myself but couldn't work it out. I eventually got it fixed under warranty at the car's 12 month service and it's been fine since. Could someone please post a copy of the Service Bulletin because the other side feels a bit flimsy and could break in the future? Nathan, is your 400 still under warranty?

Yea it’s still under warranty and I plan on booking it in shortly to see if I can get some other minor issues addressed. Sounds as if I’m oretty likely to end up with it covered then which is sweet. 

• 2 years later...
On 16/06/2018 at 11:46, RichardC said:

Could someone please post a copy of the Service Bulletin because the other side feels a bit flimsy

Hi, did you get a copy of this bulletin ? Today my seat release seem to have stopped working, looks as if it releasing one side of the seat but not both.

Did have a look at  a list of TSB's but could not find anything related to seats.

Keith.

2 hours ago, RichardC said:

No, I never saw a copy of the bulletin.  Luckily, after my seat was repaired under warranty, I haven’t had any problems since.

Ok, thanks for the reply, I think the bulletin may have been included in the evora 400 workshop manual. Took the cover off where the handle pulls from and can see one of the cable ends is no longer in the right place. Getting it back looks simple but spent a little time playing with it, but to no avail yet. If I can't get it re-attached I will get the garage to look at when it needs its first MOT in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, RichardC said:

Looking at my PDF copy of the Evora 400 workshop manual, it seems that it did! 

That is probably why I did not find it as a TSB?.  Checked the warrantee I got with the car and all body/interior stuff is excluded. So I will have another play with it, and then see if SWLC can do it. GT430 only comes with a 2 year warrantee whereas new gt410sport has 3 years..  Managed to fix a similar problem with both the front seats I got on an 3 door  MG  ZR - but that looked a lot easier.

• 1 month later...

Car been to SWLC for service and MOT, they have ordered the full repair kit as you can't get the actual part that has broken as a single item.