free hit
counters
Heater blowing loads of dust out - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Piers

Heater blowing loads of dust out

Hi all,

My V6 has lovely cool air con, however whether the air con is on or not, when I turn on the blower, the cabin get ALOT of dust, I mean it covers the dash/sills. I thought it would go away, but it doesn't seem to unless you use them all the time?

This never happened in my S2, unless say thy hadn't been used for a ages, but even them a small bit, this is a proper coating when it settles

Any thoughts of simple fixes PLEASE, I hate a dirty cabin, and it gets in my eyes.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My dash is covered in dust all the time, not sure where its coming in, i'm guessing from the AC vents as well. Had same issue with my V6S as well. 

Same here. Once you turn the fan off, next time it is on, proper cloud of dust is emitted. It may be the case that the thing just has no cabin air filter at all. Curious if the story is the same in £100k versions of Exige 🙄

Anyone aware of options how to solve this?

This happened on my S1 Elises, I got hit by a wasp once from the vents! The intake for the heater was an open tube in the front compartment and the usual solution was a cut out circle of material from a pair of tights over the end of it!

The Exige doesn't have a pollen filter on the intake duct either so it could be an option to add a filter of some sort to it. Part number 1 in this diagram. 

18_14.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators