free hit
counters
Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market) - Page 4 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine are now on a plane 😁  

Front 8x17 ET24 5x110 Rear 10x18 ET30 5x114.3 actually fitted with 225 and 265 trofeo R tyres   And on track with some friend cup R also fitted with BC Forged RZ 39 in

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kristof Thys said:

Thread ressurection... @BatMobile did you ever come around weighing these?

Still going strong these bc forged wheels (lockdown makes me looking a wheel set #3 for my car)

I didn’t no, but having changed them over they felt slightly lighter than the lotus forged wheels. 

On an Esprit v8 in this case.....(sorry not a great photo). I bought these so I didnt have to keep my OZ Novas on the car as they are pretty irreplaceable now.

IMG_20190725_143702.jpg

New Wheels.jpg

• Like 1

Nice FD2 Civic Type-R there too!

2 hours ago, dclare said:

On an Esprit v8 in this case.....(sorry not a great photo). I bought these so I didnt have to keep my OZ Novas on the car as they are pretty irreplaceable now.

IMG_20190725_143702.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Komotec Forged on my 350

I like them very much, do you ?

They are supposed to weight 28kg vs 40kg for OEM

Don't ask me if i can feel it i bought them at the same time than the car :) 

ACtC-3eWZ8nw7ltsw_xEWfZmyR4zFpstYGWX7Jdj

ACtC-3cfIxRt86QZ1z7ah5AzY06nakLRJiqZEc0G

Edited by Exx
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/04/2019 at 03:16, Maxi_z said:

I wanted to order them in 8x17 ET25 and 10x18 ET33 as that should be the spec on the bronze ones on the pictures above.

But on my cup r there were some spacers fitted for clearance at the rear and without them the wheel was almost touching inside and I did not understood what was the difference.

I knew there were some different than standard ohlins springs fitted with slightly bigger outer diameter but the wheels I could try to fit (exige cup 380 10x18 ET32 with 285 tyres) were also very close to the top mount

To make it short I think that the larger tyre (on the pictures of the bronze wheels is a 280 large slick tyre) the camber settings and the slightly bigger springs made it a very tight fit so I decided to go for

8x17 ET24 front and 10x18 ET30 rear

That way it will fit the car no problem as it is and I can if wanted change the top mounts bolted to the chassis for the cup 380 ones that give more clearance and fit the standard eibach springs or even fit a thin shim to the wheel as lotus did on the 380 cup.

But still If I want them fitted to another exige v6 or as they are they are just 2mm more flush than the oem 380 cup ones that is not much.

I tried the rear wheels with shims to get ET26 (similar to the rays ones in the pictures of the blue 380 cup that are ET25) but even if they can still fit ok I think they start to be visually a bit too much wide and would look right only in a really really lowered car.

Did you weight them?