free hit
counters
elite 504 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

evening all me and the old man have just started restoring our newly acquired 78 elite 504,as far as I can tell everything is original bar the colour,the leather interior although tired should come up pretty good,just starting on the mechanical basics before we can start the mire cosmetic stuff,Will soon be adding some photos to show you guys what we are up to

9AC40EAA-881A-4F20-BE45-62AA16155E31.jpeg

42D1CC93-9E6F-4082-9529-93DA8A47D5AB.jpeg

F94526B0-A76F-42C8-80E7-BA95997ECA9F.jpeg

B3079DE3-6ED1-4832-9016-17E6932955BF.jpeg

C12B73DF-F397-46C2-8987-EEA7AEBAB3CF.jpeg

E318D0C5-DCCA-4BF3-B179-F5E6AA7DDCB9.jpeg

331FD4D4-3692-4043-8D25-0227FC6021DB.jpeg

Edited by Shaun t
Adding photos
  • Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it certainly does and electric mirrors which we our just sorting it's amazing how much it has and there for needs to be done 

Oh good we like photo's. Welcome to the forums and congratulations on buying one of the rarest exotic cars in the uk. How rough is it? Is it going to be a straight restoration to factory spec or are you going to do something else (V8, air ride or...)

I would recommend a heritage certificate from lotus as a starting point

• Like 1

Hi mike and thankyou,to be fair it’s in pretty good nick not gonna do anything to fancy ,just factory spec and a good tidy up,everything is there just needs a bit of love,new fuel lines brakes,timing belt etc and see where we are at,chassis is really good which is a relief coz we bought it a bit blind,hopefully the photos are now up

That looks great.Looking forward to seeing your progress on here.

:) 

It's getting there......

8 minutes ago, TAR said:

That looks great.Looking forward to seeing your progress on here.

:) 

Thankyou very much really looking forward to getting proper stuck in to it

8 hours ago, mikeeech said:

White, of course, is the best colour!😁

it is pretty badly blistered so will need a respray,the colour is up for discussion pretty sure originally it was that brownie gold colour

Looks like the respray has been done pretty well at some point in the past since the engine bay has been sprayed. As you say that the chassis is in good nick then it had probably been restored before. Looks like a good basis for a restoration!

Congratulations on the car. Look forward to seeing it. Where are you based?

While I am very biased towards Monaco White, this is a stunning colour for an Elite.

y4mxPI0zm-DMrI42D_oWHaIF9odorMpTvXm2wisT

I think Steel blue seen on this Excel would also suit an Elite.

s-l1600.jpg

24 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Congratulations on the car. Look forward to seeing it. Where are you based?

While I am very biased towards Monaco White, this is a stunning colour for an Elite.

y4mxPI0zm-DMrI42D_oWHaIF9odorMpTvXm2wisT

I think Steel blue seen on this Excel would also suit an Elite.

s-l1600.jpg

hi and thankyou both really nice colours based down in cornwall on bodmin moor,still need to think about the colour but everything seems fairly tidy so far

46 minutes ago, mikeeech said:

Looks like the respray has been done pretty well at some point in the past since the engine bay has been sprayed. As you say that the chassis is in good nick then it had probably been restored before. Looks like a good basis for a restoration!

it was done pretty well but has blistered as standard,having done some research the white was only released by lotus in about 81 so sometime after that,everything else is good apart from we are missing a rear wiper motor that is proving difficult to get hold of 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shaun t said:

new fuel lines

Any problems with that - give me a shout - check out my Elite resto thread for details if you are feeling brave :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Another S1 Elite in white - a growing but exclusive group. @clivef38 has a 504 in white. Whereabouts are you?

Loving your headlining - someone has obviously done some of the TLC for you

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Difficult to tell from the photos but I wouldn't say that your respray is Monaco White - it almost looks to have a cream tint to it - this supports your 'only in 81' view?

40 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Difficult to tell from the photos but I wouldn't say that your respray is Monaco White - it almost looks to have a cream tint to it - this supports your 'only in 81' view?

I can confirm the colour is pearlescent white which I'm led to believe was brought in by lotus st the same time as the release of the 2.2 engine,I think!

1 hour ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Any problems with that - give me a shout - check out my Elite resto thread for details if you are feeling brave :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Another S1 Elite in white - a growing but exclusive group. @clivef38 has a 504 in white. Whereabouts are you?

Loving your headlining - someone has obviously done some of the TLC for you

hey thankyou we are down in cornwall I'm pretty sure the interior hasn't been touched it's only the last few years it's been left to the elements,got one nasty tear in the passenger seat but apart from that the leather ain't half bad 

20 hours ago, mikeeech said:

Oh good we like photo's. Welcome to the forums and congratulations on buying one of the rarest exotic cars in the uk. How rough is it? Is it going to be a straight restoration to factory spec or are you going to do something else (V8, air ride or...)

I would recommend a heritage certificate from lotus as a starting point

20 hours ago, Shaun t said:

it certainly does and electric mirrors which we our just sorting it's amazing how much it has and there for needs to be done 

Evening all here’s a few photos of the lotus on the day we bought it and the pesky door rebuild which the old man has just completed,

915950B9-CA9F-4B09-ADCB-1D22F2D35B16.jpeg

555C61E7-867A-4471-B0CE-5F2F3C96C8FE.jpeg

C90685A1-8C1D-4C6B-973F-15EEB408092E.jpeg

1ACB72DA-5D7F-41A8-858D-1492493E5C59.jpeg

EA3784D8-5221-44C4-BD4D-C9007BEDA6AF.jpeg

• Like 1

Urg... I have never been a fan of colour coded bumpers, bonnet vent or sills!

3 hours ago, mikeeech said:

Urg... I have never been a fan of colour coded bumpers, bonnet vent or sills!

I actually quite like it colour coded but it will almost definitely go back to spec mike

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:12, Shaun t said:

Evening all here’s a few photos of the lotus on the day we bought it and the pesky door rebuild which the old man has just completed,

Does he hire himself out to do these? I've got at least 1 and possibly 2 to do on Tom's Éclat. Free B&B available and unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits......

what's not to like - now he's done one, he'll know the pitfalls and do it in half the time :)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Does he hire himself out to do these? I've got at least 1 and possibly 2 to do on Tom's Éclat. Free B&B available and unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits......

what's not to like - now he's done one, he'll know the pitfalls and do it in half the time :)

Ha he actually doesn’t mind this sort of tedium although thankfully it’s only the one,if you can swing free beer for me I will put a word in 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

All I need is 2 weeks notice for 40 pints of Woodfordes Wherry bitter but keep it quiet or @Buddsy will be along for some freebies!

Quite partial to a pint of wherry ,after spending a few years up in Norfolk,good choice,I will have a word