free hit
counters
New clutch - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after Hofmann's moaning & groaning every day (I was also aided by the fact there was another guy with an "expensive" lotus in the same boat waiting on an large warranty claim and threatening to

You’ll find it in here: https://deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=1

Put the 400 clutch in... can't remember off hand if it is extra even with the flywheel swap. Dave

My clutch on my V6S failed after 300 Miles. 

I reckon given the volumes of cars sold, this would turn out as “unreliable”.... just my 2p worth. All in all it took 4 weeks to get fixed. Parts had to be taken from the production line, dealer backed me all the way.

cheers

Mark

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBD both the clutch and the gearbox are not the strongest elements of the V6s. Quite a few early Evoras had clutch issues related to assembly issues and though these were sorted at least 5-7 years ago they still seem to get it wrong on some mondays. 

If you take car ot the drivetrain its as good as on any other car. If you always drive it like 0-60 times are your only purpose in life then it will fail early. But then a Lotus is the wrong car anyway.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Hopefully Just needs bedding in. 

Go driving.....

The worrying thing is that I have been driving it, a lot!

it wasn’t there at first, they had to take the car back as they forgot to reconnect the exhaust valve so race mode was causing limp mode.

then it was very noticeable, then it died down, now it’s there in the background all the time but really noticeable downshifting or changing gear slowly.

Starting to lose hope with lotus....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone able to confirm the differences between the clutch and flywheel in the 350 vs 410 vs 430 vs Evora 400/410/430?

I'm assuming that they are all pretty similar but that clutches in the 410/430 are bigger with lighter flywheel.  Does each model use a slightly different variant (eg is the clutch/flywheel different in the Exige 410 compared to the 430 Cup, and different again to the Evora 400?)?  Trying to figure out the best option for my 350 so it is future-proofed for power upgrades...

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

Is anyone able to confirm the differences between the clutch and flywheel in the 350 vs 410 vs 430 vs Evora 400/410/430?

I'm assuming that they are all pretty similar but that clutches in the 410/430 are bigger with lighter flywheel.  Does each model use a slightly different variant (eg is the clutch/flywheel different in the Exige 410 compared to the 430 Cup, and different again to the Evora 400?)?  Trying to figure out the best option for my 350 so it is future-proofed for power upgrades...

The 400+ models (Exige and Evora) all use the same lighter flywheel and a bigger friction plate.

The cup 430 seems to have a high clamp load clutch cover and a different friction plate (same as the Evora 410 430 models).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:53, BatMobile said:

The worrying thing is that I have been driving it, a lot!

it wasn’t there at first, they had to take the car back as they forgot to reconnect the exhaust valve so race mode was causing limp mode.

then it was very noticeable, then it died down, now it’s there in the background all the time but really noticeable downshifting or changing gear slowly.

Starting to lose hope with lotus....

I've been here before with the first V6 I bought that had a borked clutch that needed replacing just after I bought it. Lotus may advise a bedding procedure that may improve things. The dealership that fitted the replacement clutch carried this out after I complained it was juddery, and this and it did improve slightly, though not enough for my liking. What was worse was the vibration through the cabin when re-engaging the clutch on downchanges if you're not heel&toe-ing. Made the dash vibrate and sounded awful.  For this and other reasons related to a bodged install I ended up rejecting the car, but in theory the mating faces should be able to conform to eachother, hopefully whilst there's still friction material left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasasoufe said:

The 400+ models (Exige and Evora) all use the same lighter flywheel and a bigger friction plate.

The cup 430 seems to have a high clamp load clutch cover and a different friction plate (same as the Evora 410 430 models).

 

 

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

Matt, I believe Lotus would likely supply a 430 setup for you anyway.

The 430s have a uprated clutch fitted.  The 400s and 410s are all same.  And the 350 is as per the original 350/360/380 cars.

Dave

Thanks both!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 02/09/2018 at 16:53, BatMobile said:

Guys I had a new clutch installed, it now has a judder when releasing the clutch. 

If you release it slowly it’s obvious.

any idea what this could be?

Hi!

Were you able to get it finally changed under warranty?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

My car is showing the exact same symptoms as your initial issue, put it into Lotus for assessment and was told they wont do anything about it as its not bad enough and "they are all noisy". Cars never been launched and 95% of my mileage so far has been motorway (annoyingly). Only done 4k miles and just under a year old but they wouldn't even look at the car until they sighted service book to check were it has been serviced and reviewed the ECU Data. Not really what I expected when trying to book the car in to begin with....

Same as some others I had issue with clutch in my first V6(the clutch change sorted it and it was great from then on) which I had to fight to get changed. Its rather frustrating that everything has to be a fight....

Edited by Simon Frood
spelling mistake
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...