free hit
counters
turbo rebuild - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

turbo rebuild

LotusFella

Just taken possession of 1998 V8 GT.  I'm having the cambelt and B service done shortly, just wondering if I should get the turbos serviced?  It's done 40k miles.  If so any special tools/procedures for yaking them off the car to be sent for refurb.  And who should I send them too? 

Thx

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

If you check out my v8 thread - I did this very task. Turbo technics - they are great at refurbing but not great at customer service! The turbos came back like new.

then there’s the oil and water lines to the turbos to consider.....

Only here once

Personally , I would think that most oil changes have been with synthetic  oil, which withstands  the heat better than conventional  oils. As long as you continue and change the filter every 3000 miles or so I would personally  leave them alone. I try and really  to be easy on the last mile or so driving home so that the heat in the turbos are at their minimum. Still pretty hot but it helps turbo cars. You never want to ride it hard right up to home and really you need to be easy on it the first few miles to give all the fluids, oil and differential time to get warmed up. Just a good practice . Mark