free hit
counters
World Cup - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Anyone else watching the England match? Outstanding first half :animier:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Opposition should stick to making hats and cigars 🙄

I generally HATE football but once every four years (except when we fail to get there) I get behind the National side and hope to enjoy a great contest. In 51 years (yes,  missed '66 by a narrow

Lets face it. If we were told 3rd or 4th place in a world cup, 4 years ago, we would have been amazed. I think the lads did really well. They were a new bunch of players thrown together who had 16 day

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Yup. I thought they were ace in the last match.

lots of inexperience showing - but loads of promise. Nerves have gone today. 

Brilliant. I’m so glad we’ve got no Neville lie characters in the mix - that era was p£ss poor

Only here once

Pleased to see a ref finally give a penalty for wrestling in the box

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I thought they played really well, unfortunately I missed part of the second half due to my daughter's theatre show (I'd already watched the first show on Saturday so I sat with an earpiece in through Sunday's show! Bad Father I know).

We haven't seen them under pressure or on the back foot yet, that's when it will get interesting. I think a draw against Belgium will be a fine result at this stage. I predict a narrow loss though, possibly 2-1. It's nice to see them relaxed, unicorn racing and darts etc... but all that will look bad if they put in a bad showing down the line. 

I think this has been a cracking World Cup so far, I can't believe there hasn't been a 0-0 draw yet.

YES they boys! Watched every match so far (most on highlights) and loved it! Now love to see Argentina and Germany go out at the group stage....pleasepleasepleaseplease.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The Beautiful Game 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Isn’t it just great getting up each morning knowing there is 3 or 4 live games of football on every day for your viewing pleasure  😁👍 

Happy Days - Life is worth living 😊👍

(except when Gary Neville commentates then you want to top yourself)

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It's strange because I read an article last week praising Gary Neville's punditry and talking as if he was beloved by the nation. I can't stand his commentary/critique. Slavan Bilic has been great. I've also not been keen on any of the female England footballers being drafted in to fill the quota. This isn't based on their sex/race/age or antyhing like that... it is based on the fact women's football, at the highest level, is equivalent in skill to that of U16 boys footballers, I just don't think they are qualified to comment on the men's professional game.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Can't stand Jonathan Pearce commentaries.

I’ll let him off as he’s a Bristol City fan 👍😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I have yet to get through a match without one of the commentators saying “quality” drives me mad. I now have a £1 bet with my boy each match who can get it within 15mins 

• Gold FFM

Here we go, beer in hand, day off tomorrow. Come on England! 

Anyone want to guess what 15 min section the first “quality” comes out of the commentators 

With ENgland Playing? I suspect you may have  along wait!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Andy Murray wasn't at Wimbledon in 1966 and nor in 2018. Any conclusions?😎

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

We have an Aussie Rules commentator over here called Bruce McAvaney. His catchcry is 'Special' which he generally says with lowering his voice and sort of adding growl to his voice. I would expect that many an Aussie Rules fan over here has nearly destroyed a television due to him.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.