free hit
counters
Best Modification - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Best Modification

Lenny38

Owned my V6 S for two years now and it remains completely standard. Previously owned an Exige S1 and S2 but recently been thinking about changing to something non- Lotus!!

If I keep it I’m considering modifying it. So my question is which modification have owners been the most happy with? It can be cosmetic/ Power upgrade etc... 

I need some inspiration...😁😁👍

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Primarily for the road but I normally try and fit in 4 or 5 track days a year (work permitting), What I can’t afford is for the car to be lowered, I live on a private road and many years ago some bright spark installed double, angled speed humps that I just about can creep over at the moment!!

In that case...

- GEO! Make sure if not already, that you have a proper geo! 

- Brakes. I'd suggest Castrol SRF and Performance Friction pads as a minimum. Again if not done already.

- If you want noise... makes logical sense to go with an exhaust.

You'll find it difficult to do suspension if you can't go any lower! 

- Maybe the addition of an induction kit. Again creates more exciting noises and does make a difference to throttle response.

I dont really see a need to do more if im honest if its primarily a road car. For sure you can add more aero/cosmetic bits but in my opinion the car needs to be lower to make it look 'right' which you have unfortunately a challenge... Maybe move house ;)

www.alias23.com

The first, best and probably cheapest option is to modify the driver with some training. Seriously.

If you are already a capable driver on road and track the I would go for the TVS1900 SC :)

• Like 1

Any track friendly exhausts that sound nicer than stock? I’ve done a bit of driver training but a little more wouldn’t do any harm.

TVS1900 SC or Komotec Ex 390/410/430 etc... will also be a consideration.

Anyone done the roadster conversion as a matter of interest and is it easy to convert back to hard top?

I've got a valved Alunox on my Evora and I'm just up by West Malling if you want to have a listen? Track friendly but pricey at £3,600 (or £6k for the Ti version). 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for the offer Bibs but I better not. I might really like it and I don’t want to spend that much to be honest. I will probably go my normal 2bular route. Although Larini sounds nice.....decisions, decisions!!!

2 hours ago, Lenny38 said:

Anyone done the roadster conversion as a matter of interest and is it easy to convert back to hard top?

It is super easy and definitely nice thing to have, swapping there and back is a rather quick and easy job. Also helps if you suddenly decide that Exige is a good transport to deliver 3m wisteria from the garden shop 😁

• Haha 1

This is not a comment on your skills, cause mine could be considered lacking, but the "drivers mod" is always a goody. Get some proper training etc to unleash more potential from the car/yourself

Just my £0.02 as everything else is covered. 

Yeah, my original comment above re driver training was in no way meant to query anyone's skills. That and the fact it would be a case of pot calling kettle :yes:. I do enjoy my talent enhancer though :thumbup:

On 26/06/2018 at 10:21, tim_marra said:

The first, best and probably cheapest option is to modify the driver with some training. Seriously.

If you are already a capable driver on road and track the I would go for the TVS1900 SC :)

But does adding more power necessitate doing brake and suspension upgrades too...that is the question.

I must admit i find the TVS1900 quite attractive because it’s easy to return to stock afterwards, but I’d worry about ‘mission creep’.

He is not trying to become the ultimate driver on trackdays, I do not think mods is the latest thing you have to do, a car driven at 70% on the road with mods will be more enjoyable than a car without mods driven the same way, no need to match a certain performance point before doing mods .. Not saying it is the logical way specially if you think finance, but modifying your car and enjoying the result is just a good feeling ..  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BfranklynV6 said:

But does adding more power necessitate doing brake and suspension upgrades too...that is the question.

I must admit i find the TVS1900 quite attractive because it’s easy to return to stock afterwards, but I’d worry about ‘mission creep’.

In my case it is predominantly road use, maybe one or two track days per year. I have not tracked the car since getting the TVS1900. It's a good question, and realistically greater performance gains would be enabled with brake and suspension tweaks. Lotus doesn't up the power without addressing brakes and suspension after all.

I'd only consider further upgrades as replacements for worn brakes/suspension etc, and not part of the original upgrade plan. Not for my intended use anyway. 

Edited by tim_marra

It is bigger and produces more power with less effort than the oem set up. And less effort means less heat, so a win-win. I think the CC version is intended for very hot countries, and for those for whom too much power is never enough :)