free hit
counters
Exige 4C project - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige 4C project

TrevS

What have you been drinking?

Sunstroke?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seems no one really likes the idea of the Exige 4C concept but I'll soldier on a little with some rough designs to see if I can win some more of you around. As a community it seems Lotus owners are no strangers to chopping and changing parts on their cars like brakes, shocks, aero, wheels etc so what's different between swapping the front clam. If it can be reverse engineered to be easily removed then surely this is just another retro fit modification.

Here are some different headlight options, any better?

exige-4c2.jpg

exige-4c3.jpg

Trev

Latter is much better 😎

Funnily enough I had a GTD40 for a while , but had to sell it due to no aircon and major job to retrofit.

Friend is currently finishing a Superfomante 40 and also build a LB Stratos.  Funnily enough he said if he had to buy just one car it would be an Exige V6 as it ticks so many boxes.

Re 4C I really wanted to buy one, but after test drive I preferred the Exige power delivery, steering and most definitely the noise.  

Good luck with your project and if you can ever build me a Muira rep I’ll do you a good deal on my 380 ;)

BTW I think the 380 front access panel makes a decent difference to look of car 

AD568EC3-361F-437E-A66F-3C68153603EB.thumb.png.cc36f0e5d278efeecc0f82a5ae045cc0.png

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

10 hours ago, Colin P said:

For me the interior quality of the 4c put me off. I considered one briefly, but all the plastics seem cheap and nasty. Like taking a beef wellington and putting ketchup on it.

Did you see a car with the leather dash option, think it goes some way to covering all that horrible plastic

STRIPE_mp_desk_01.jpg

• Gold FFM

No, it was an early car. So if the dash is now covered in leather then it would help a lot. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

i really liked the 4c especially in red.

but...

the original front lights just didnt compute for me, but they sorted this with later models. but the heater control gear taken straight from their mito or something what on earth?  its like this beautiful designed exterior and then they completely fail with the interior with some very cheap plastics and boggo bottom of alfa range switchgear and knobs..   why not use some from the 8c, these didnt look especially expensive but at least they were bespoke to that car.. i mean how much does it take to make a few aluminium billet knobs.. 

also as i understood at the time, with the carbon tub, there were some specific service costs related to checking and re tightening all the nuts and bolts which at the time was advised it was going to be a costly job

i really liked it after a test drive not so much.. but if i was in the market for 50k car and not a lotus think id  id take the new alpine all day long..

Edited by andyj007

5 hours ago, andyj007 said:

how much does it take to make a few aluminium billet knobs.. 

Roughly my thoughts every time I need to use the windscreen wipers in Exige... 

• Like 1

No, he bought a CAT car and repaired it.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

26 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Roughly my thoughts every time I need to use the windscreen wipers in Exige... 

aluminum in my s2:) 

1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

Go have a look in the vx220 facebook group, I am not sure, but I think a guy just change the body of his car for a 4c body ..

That is kind of what I thought with the Exige 4C concept. If I could find a car that was damaged it wouldn't feel like such sacrilege to change the styling and give the car a new lease of life.

To me the 4C is the worst Alfa design. I generally love Italien design and the many Alfa are beautiful but the 4C for me has definitely been beaten with the ugly stick. Proportions are all too wrong and in the flesh it looks even worse.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

You can do what you want, it is your time and money, but I would have take point with sticking an Alfa badge on the car as it is still a Lotus no matter what you do to the bodywork.

Why don't you try to do something like wide body GT racer style or something retro instead - I'm sure you will get a lot of flak on here still, but I think the Alfa 4C project would be very unsatisfying.