free hit
counters
TRD modification ideas - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dingding

TRD modification ideas

I have a TRD airbox fitted with a 2bular exhaust system. It sounds amazing but been on  a long drive this weekend it started to get a little tedious on the motorway when on cam. I have the old airbox and can refit that but was thinking that would it be possible to tune the airbox by restricting the amount of airflow into the TRD ? 

The inlet is more than twice the size of the original airbox so could I just fit reducing cap of sorts no smaller than the original airbox for long road trips ( weekends ) 

Any ideas ..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It’s more to do with the lack of snorkel on the TRD. Which would be quite hard to do, with the triangular opening of the TRD.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

So it’s not the sheer mass of air or csa it more about how it gets there ?  

I thought the TRD airbox was from a Lexus 300 or 400 ? So many be there is another part that would be fitted ?