free hit
counters
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 33 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Paul and Bibs, thanks 

but got a call this morning that my trip to the UK was cancelled instead I am coming over somewhere next week.  :rant:

Thanks RIck for the update, spare ticket going if anyone wants it?

Yup. :)

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

No, which is why we you have been sent 2 tickets per requested car pass. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Didn't manage to get tickets  :(

In the unlikely event anyone hears of any available ones, please shout; would love to be able to take our 260,000 mile Elise and my son if we can - we did the 60th in our Turbo Esprit...

I may have a lead on Facebook which I'm following up - you never know!

Have a great time everyone.

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

@Iain

Evora NA

12 hours ago, LJR said:

Dropped the car at detailers this morning to look nice for the weekend..........

If you've seen my posts in the Evora picture thread, I am now past caring. I have my detailing kit with me which may or may not get used before the event depending on the performance of Eurotunnel on Friday afternoon and my subsequent performance on the M25. 

Any awards going for the filthiest car in attendance could well be coming my way!

Sorry @C8RKH

😂

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Nah - my Elise daily driver *may* get a quick wash tomorrow - but she'll look shabby compared to the other cars there I recon - 260,000 miles of wear and tear on display!  ;)

Iain

260000 miles! ?  amazing... any more storey to that..  love high milage cars.... 

• Like 1

Will there be any catering / burger vans / grub available on site

A non ticket question for you @Bibs

• Like 1

Only here once

Will there be new model launches?

Is there a site map?

Will it be a cashless site or should we bring bundles of cash?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

There's a track activity at 11am, who knows what they mean by 'Special Cars' though, I certainly don't and even if I did it would be pretty reckless to announce it online a few days before the event.

https://www.lotus70.com/#timetable

10:15am – 110 Lotus Bike Club parade
10:45am – Welcome and Introductory Speeches from Senior Lotus Executives
11:00am – Unveiling of the Lotus Special Cars
11:30am – Classic Team Lotus display (1)
12:00pm – Sunbeam Rally Cars
12:30pm – Lotus dynamics display
13:00pm – One of ‘every Lotus car ever made’ parade
14:00pm – Lotus Driving Academy- Win a Hot lap!
14:30pm – Classic Team Lotus display (2)
15:00pm – Special Event set up
15:30pm – Special Event activity

• Like 1

Evora NA

3 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Will there be new model launches?

Will it be a cashless site or should we bring bundles of cash?

I believe there will be a twin turbo diesel Evora 400.5 plus 2 with 6 cupholders launched. I can imagine many on here are salivating already.

As for bundles of cash, i'd expect you'll need a bundle just to buy a burger and a coke!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!