free hit
counters
Thinking of selling - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
cbclotus

Thinking of selling

Well  forum members .I am thinking of selling my v8 rover engined car .one of the reasons our hound little Jack  Russel gets to hot in the car .Also own a Marcos 1600  which has been like a oven .she lies  below the rear window .Mrs B ...Loves the Marcos .Does not feel the love for the v8 ...if I selll I will  get a convertable for the hound ...Still a few things to sort ....Mike ....

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mike brewer aren’t you in the USA!

No Iam in Exeter Devon ....Mike

Paul our hound is   Our Baby .....we never go any where with out her .lol .Would not change it ....Mike 

Isn't this just a transient problem Mike? We're having an exceptional summer. Even in Devon it's usually raining or cold... Give the dog a shave for a few weeks. 

Hi Alan .yes I know what you mean .Had a nice tvr 350 wedge ....nice car dog had plenty of room roof up or down .we will see .A lot of effort has gone into my car .frustating at times ...very ....modified or not I will not give it away .Mike

Better hide that from Mrs B .....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cbclotus said:

Paul our hound is   Our Baby .....we never go any where with out her .lol .Would not change it ....Mike 

Roof rack?

buddsy :whistle:

Good idea ....need to change gearbox oil .then a few more jobs .Mike 

7 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Roof rack?

Plus a pair of fighter pilot goggles and a white silk scarf?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Isn't this just a transient problem Mike? We're having an exceptional summer. Even in Devon it's usually raining or cold... Give the dog a shave for a few weeks. 

Nick knack, paddy-whack...

11 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

fighter pilot goggles

They are called Doggles - I kid you not!

Image result for doggles

• Like 2

Here's our Georgie! 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

He should be ashamed of himself not loving the esprit 

Here’s two of our hounds 7AFB35C9-B8FE-4695-AE29-D295DB4741F3.thumb.jpeg.4fed586d6fa71645b9f0e1edd8a27255.jpeg

• Like 1

Fine looking hounds Mr K ....Mike

• Like 1

Mike, it's great you're even considering selling a car just because of your dog. I wish all people would care so much about there pets.

But on the other hand, don't sell it! You've spent so much time and effort getting the Esprit on the road again, you deserve to enjoy it as well! As said, the heat will pass, solutions will be found. Can't you take the roof panel out? Really don't want to see you sell another Esprit and regret it... For what it's worth, my better halve has a cairn terrier, and he much prefers rides in the Esprit to the Range Rover. Because it's easier to hop into and he has a better view of the road and surrounding because of the low dash. In fact, he was the first of the family to take a seat in the Excel when I just got it. ;)

Greetz,

Filip

• Like 1

Thanks Filip Hope you are well .If I sell I want a  soft top car .Mike

I always loved my Triumph Stag, it was a perfect second car next to the Esprit. On hot days like these, the Elan +2 doesn't really feel like an upgrade...

yes .Had a mk1 stag many years ago .Saw one yesterday .... ....Cheers Filip.Mike

Well  forum members  Hope it ok to ask .What do you guys think I should ask price wise .for my car .As you know it's now fitted whith a 3.9 rover v8 engine .Ex dry sump turbo. Long mot lots of work done ...still needs a few jobs doing .Any thoughts .Thanks Mike

• Sad 1

I’ll open the bidding at a crisp tenner.

dont do it mike

ok .Will take a few over the weekend .Going to change gear oil Sunday .Rad cowl to come off soon . Just thought a price .from you guys might  help .Mike