Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
labour time for b service. - Page 10 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

labour time for b service.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

could someone please post a picture or link to the bleed nipple for the coolant in the engine bay of a V8 please.  Can't seem to locate it in the bay or in the parts manual.

thx 

• Gold FFM

I for the life of me can’t remember.....

look at the hoses and look for a small take off that looks like a screw head or thumb screw. There’s not much to look at 👍

Only here once

38 minutes ago, sailorbob said:

That's the engine bleed. They probably found it was seized too and slackened the Jubliee clip on the adjacent hose and lifted the edge with screwdriver to get the air out.

yep was seized but not now.  They can't of bleed the system very well.  It does make me cross when they couldn't bleed the brakes or the coolant properly.  Makes me wonder what else the did poorly.

• Like 1

With the car running, you can remove the pressure cap on the header tank and should observe a constant stream of coolant coming from the turbocharger return pipe.

The water pump impeller is a push fit onto the shaft and very rarely fails.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica