free hit
counters
Elise s2 1zz-fe won't start - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GregBouz

Elise s2 1zz-fe won't start

Hi all,

my name is Greg, I am new to the forum and recently bought an s2 2008, 1zz with a turbo conversion and I must say I am becoming a little disappointed with various issues of the car. Most importantly it does not start but cranls, or will do but randomly. I read the car with an obd reader and  this identifies a 335 error, titled crankshaft position sensor. So i went ahead and bought a replacement. When I tried to replace it i realised there is a connector for this sensor behind the intake manifold which leaves you little room to do the job. Does anyone know whether I can do the job without removing the manifold? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. By the way if the car starts it runs fine which I find a little strange. I am afraid that I will end up changing the sensor, only to realise that this is not the problem! Thanks a lot in advance, Greg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Greg. :welcome:

Sorry to hear about the issue. Did you buy it privately or used through a dealer? Someone will be along that knows the Elise better than I do and hopefully can help.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

@ramjet thanks for your message. I bought privately so nobody to fall back to, need to sort it out myself and be more careful next time! 

Thanks for the tip, did that :)