free hit
counters
First Elise and regretting it? - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GregBouz

First Elise and regretting it?

Hi all, my name is Greg, I live The Netherlands and a month ago I bought an Elise s2 2007 with the toyota 1zz block and a small turbo conversion. I got maybe a bit too excited with buying the car since I have not really managed to enjoy it so far. outside is really nice but, after a while car wont start (check engines part of the forum where I ask for help on this), heating will only blow hot air and need to do some small things like steering rods, etc. Also I don't see a towing hook in the car nor a place at the front where I could attach one. The car was a UK RHD car that was apparently converted here in The Netherlands to a LHD one. Enough with the winging, I hope to get everything sorted and start enjoying the car and hopefully you guys can help me with this. I will attach a couple of pictures of the car for you to see. The car was originally white. If anyone btw has any idea whose car this was, please let me know. Kind regards, Greg

0345096968001.jpg

0345096968003.jpg

0345096968010.jpg

0345096968012.jpg

0345096968014.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Persevere with getting the niggles sorted, and you will have a great car. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear.  Is the failing to start due to a flat battery?  Could be that the battery is old and is weak and/or not holding a charge as long as a new one.  Might also be a parasitic load draining the battery.  The alarm system tends to do this and if you also have a tracker it can drain a small amount (even if not activated).  My Elise used to last 2-3 weeks standing idle but that dropped to a few days when the battery was about to die.   I hook the Evora up to a trickle charger now.

From memory the towing hook comes as a loose part in the tool roll with locking wheel nut key, a threaded metal rod with an eye/ring on the end.  It screws into a small threaded hole just behind the front grille.  It can't tell from your pictures.  Might be in the middle of the grille, not sure if it varied from model to model (it's off to one side on the Evora).

It sounds like the aircon might need re-gassing.

Hopefully these are all minor problems that can be easily sorted so you can press on with enjoying the car.

• Like 1

@TomE hi tom, thanks for the message. Please check my other post at engines part of the forum. It won't start due to a defect crankshaft sensor according to the obd. No airco in the car, problem is with the heating system i guess. Got no tool kit with the car, so i also have no tow hook. 

OK Greg, I hadn't read your post over in Engines so was just making a guess based on the limited info in your post here.  Good luck with getting it all sorted.  If you're missing the tool roll then you'll be missing the locking wheel nut key, so that'll need sorting out soon if you need to do any wheels-off work.  I think there's a code letter stamped on the locking nut, which is what Lotus Parts will need so they order the correct pattern. 

• Like 1

@TomE i realised that and thanks for taking the time to reply😊

I have the locking nut key thankfully. But other things need sorting soon if i want to be able to enjoy the car. First get it started😧

• Like 1