free hit
counters
New V6 Exige incoming - L7TSX White - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lo2zz

New V6 Exige incoming - L7TSX White

Hello all, 

After much umming and arring between a GT4 and a 350 sport and a V6S I've taken the plunge and bought what looks like a mint V6S Exige from Oakmere - L7TSX anyone know it?

Having had a go in the Gt4, and being a Porsche fan I just couldn't justify the difference in price, and dare I say it the Exige exicted me more getting in it. 

There is a fair bit to do to the Exige before I'm happy with it - 2bular and Geo, but overall I love it and can't wait to pick it up - anyone owned/know of L7TSX it's only done 6k miles. 

This won't be my first Lotus - I had a 135R with Honda conversion which I loved apart from the handling which I always felt was too understeery - felt on a testdrive the Exige was better but will still need some more camber

First mods are obviously Geo and 2bular, but I also want to get the back of the car 'black' like the cup car - currently debating getting vinyl / plastdip or trying to order what looks like an official lotus decal 

Any thoughts welcome and great forum!

Mike

Edited by Lo2zz
wrong descriptor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome Mike and congrats on the new car. They're a lovely bunch of people at Oakmere too!

Care to share some pics for us please?

Good choice!

Welcome to TLF Mike. :welcome:

Looking forward to some photos as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

Congrats! A decent spray shop should be able to do the Matt Black at the rear that’s what I did... check the project and build pages in the V6 section lots of handy tips and recommendations from other owners that have played and upgraded the V6 model to their personal usage and taste.

Welcome mate! Look forward to seeing you about! Tubular Manifold is awesome. Mine sounds like a pride of lions getting very angry........ :)

Hello again all.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice - and to say I'm so glad I went with the Exige. I absolutely love it and can't stop driving the thing. Every time I get in it I feel like I should be running to it a la le mans as it feels like a GT racer on the road - and mine even has parking sensors!

I still think I'm going to get a diff at some point, but for now I absolutely love it - it feels such an experience every time I get in it, the power, the granularity and weight of the steering, even the exhaust note as standard is very decent. It feels like nothing else I've driven in a long time and is such a massive step up from my Honda Elise they feel like totally different cars.

Geo is booked for the 6th August, but actually questioning whether it needs it, the understeer is nowhere near as bad as I originally thought.

New head unit is needed as the alpine cdr 111RM in the car won't sync with my iPhone 7 but that's minor

Exhaust is on order and stripes are going to be applied at the end of the month - then a diff in a year or so. Feels like a keeper already and is the perfect foil for my Fk8 Type R

Love it.

Just a quick one how do you turn the race mode off ? Ie no traction control or stability protection? When I turn to 'race' it say traction control off, but I assume the learning stability system is still active

Hold it to the left in race and race will disappear after a few seconds and your then on your own.

Dont expect any sideways fun though I’m afraid you’ll need the diff ;)

Okay I'll give it a go tonight. I've held it for a  few seconds and it still seems to say race even when the light to say traction control is off. 

Will defo get a diff - although I managed to get the tail out quite significantly the other day - rather than it being on exit with power, it was actually into a corner with hard trail braking. So still some oversteer albeit a different kind! 

You do have to be moving when you hold down for those few seconds to turn everything off.... yes with some hard braking you can get the rear out but its not a 'nice' predictable affair... If you want some hard braking to full lock oversteer fun get to Rockingham and have a play on the Tarzan hair pin ;)

Hi all

Finally got round to taking some pics now the car has had it's vinyl's applied - really really pleased with the results - massive thanks to reforma in Bradford - absolutely brilliant job. Actually wanted to see my reaction, and were excited about the car as I am.

So it now has matt stripe with two red gloss accents - the union jack has been matched to the same carmine red. The black vinyl to mimic the cup cars also looks fab. The interior is the premium sports so black and red theme on the exterior nicely mirrors the interior

Just waiting for Lotus decal for rear spoiler - the one I bought from Lotus isn't tapered for the spoiler so Reforma are doing me a new one

The red mirrors I was reticent on, but think it adds a nice link on the sides to the red accents around the rest of the car. As well as matching my daily - Team Red(wing mirrors)

2bular exhaust is to go on just waiting on Jim ! 

Anyways hope you like

44029272091_5318eb7faa_c.jpgDSC_0014 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

44029270281_2f54774ce1_c.jpgDSC_0018 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

44029264021_554c03b6d9_c.jpgDSC_0037 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

44029268781_228896b8b5_c.jpgDSC_0022 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

43980657212_22f30110b3_c.jpgDSC_0026 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

43123145395_e371db7a69_c.jpgDSC_0049 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

• Like 2

That does work very well. 

Looks good, but get them to stripe the rear wing too as that is what Lotus does when applying similar stripes :)

I planned to get the LOTUS lettering on the rear spoiler - the one from lotus isn’t spaced correctly so getting it redone 

Temoted to get the stripe though as will be easier to apply!

Exhaust from Jim arrived last night - WOW it looks beautiful, total craftsmanship. It's such a joy to still see people who demonstrate a real artistry to what they do. 

Tempted to just leave it in the lounge as an ornament 

Also Jim did me the 100mm titanium tips so they are the same size as the carbon tips he also supplies. They look bazooka big!

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

• Like 1

Wait til you hear it. 😀

The car looks great, but that union jack is the wrong way up.

Martin S

1 hour ago, MARTIN_S said:

The car looks great, but that union jack is the wrong way up.

Martin S

It's fine....

On Vehicles

A car flag should be placed on a staff fitted to the front-right wing, in the centre of front edge of the bonnet, or in the centre of the front edge of the roof. If two flags are to be flown, the senior flag should be on the front-right wing and the junior flag on the front-left wing.

When flags are painted onto a vehicle, or on the tail fin of an aircraft, the flag on the port side should show the obverse of the flag (ie. the flagpole on the left), while that on the starboard side should show the reverse (ie. the flagpole on the right). On surfaces perpendicular to the direction of travel (eg. the back of the vehicle) the obverse of the flag should be shown.

Taken from here..

http://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/flying-flags-in-the-united-kingdom/british-flag-protocol/

Interesting stuff (in a nerdy kind of way) but makes me feel better as one of mine is back to front (correct it seems).

The car looks great, looking at it again, the colour stripes and mirrors really look great and really add top the white car. Am photo shopping stripes on my red car at this very moment!

Martin S

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:30, mik said:

Wait til you hear it. 😀

Okay I've heard it. 

The world is a different place. I now think of the chronology of dates as B2 (Before 2bular) and A2 (after 2bular)

My god Jim is a magician. How it can sound so docile yet sophisticated in touring, and so otherworldly mental in race is beyond me. Every aftermarket exhaust I've ever bought on all my cars - after the first day I've always thought - yeah it's fun but overall the standard exhaust is the best balance. Not so with this one - it is exactly how the factory exhaust should be.

I was a little concerned that it would sound just 'loud' and the subtlety of the V6 noise would be lost. The 2bular road just makes everything better - the v6 burble is more prevalent irrespective of the mode, and then in race it pops and bangs and sounds almost chainsaw like at the top end. Fantastic. The pop and bangs also feel organic, rather than the continuous ones you get on a Porsche everytime you lift off - which feel, and are staged, rather than 'discovered'

I literally cannot stop driving it and has made me fall in love with the car 10x over. 

I went with the road system with larger ti tips - I actually wanted trapezoid but settled on circular as per std and again Jim was absolutely right - looks great and fills the space in the diffuser beautifully. 

After the first day the car did throw a CEL - and I emailed Jim and he phoned me back straight away - not often you get that level of service. 

Jim you are an artist and a top fella. 

Also massive shout out to Oakmere - they fitted the exhaust for me. The service reminded me why I love Lotus. Having had the exhaust fitted they wanted to come out and hear it and see my reaction - how many main dealer Porsche / Mercedes would do that? When I started it I said 'christ'. Then I was reminded it was still in touring!. I laughed for 5 mins after revving it in race

They also totally fixed my rattling hard top and gear linkage - I actually really look forward to going down there - feels like a car club rather than a garage.

So today I am a very happy chappie - thanks Jim / Oakmere and a great reminder of what a privilidge it is to own a Lotus and be part of the community.

• Like 1

Your car looks great.  Couldn’t agree more about the 2bular exhaust, it sounds great with valve open and closed and much better fits how the car looks like it should sound.  I was concerned it would be too loud all the time but it is so well mannered with the exhaust valve closed.  You can drive the car for hours in touring mode on long motorway trips and it’s not intrusive at all.  

Hard acceleration in a tunnel is beyond mental, it sounds like you’ve found the source of a thunderstorm.

Pics fitted for anyone interested!

100mm titanium pipes on 2bular road system