free hit
counters
Bosch K-jetronic Ignition System 1986 Hci - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Bosch K-jetronic Ignition System 1986 Hci

I do not see how to bolt this bosch k-jetronic intake thing to the bracket on the frame. I was able to take mine off because 1 bolt was missing, and the others where practically falling off. There is almost no way to get bolts in there, let alone a wrench. I think they mounted it while the shell of the car was off. I am thinking about making some kind of a bracket that would make it easier for installation and removal.

So far this is the most difficult that I found, next are the air conditioner compressor mounts. The rest is a piece of cake!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

post-3092-1178826815.jpg

Edited by markd

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...as probably one of the only people who has access to one of these things, I'll have a look next time I get out to the parking garage ;) (then again the airbox and all might obscure it a bit :) might wait til I get home...)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

by the look of the pic, you coud "easily" get to the bolts etc with the engine surround off, it's held on by bolts going into captive nuts (they're in the GRP of the bodywork), a few screws holding fuel filter etc on, a bit of sealer (possibly) and the engine lid hindges.

With that lot reoved the U shaped piece that forms the engine bay can be lifted out and you can get easy access a lot further down the side of the engine.

Andy