free hit
counters
Coolant leak - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coolant leak

Morning all,

Just after a bit of advice re the potential cause of a very small coolant leak in my 2010 NA Evora. 

I arrived home tonight and as I reversed into the garage I heard a sizzling sound that sounded like drips onto a hot exhaust and then as I got out noticed LOTS of steam coming out all of the engine vents. 

The header tank is still full so it's only a little leak and it seems to be dripping onto the side of the lower exhaust if you're looking from the LHS of the car through the undertray vent (as per pic below). 

What could be above this area that may be leaking? Anything serious or likely a hose clamp etc? There's no coolant under the car.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben

IMG_9778.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so I've done a bit more investigating. I actually think it might even just be the coolant overflow pipe, which points down towards the exhaust. It's never done this in the month or so I have owned the car, but there are definitely signs that the pipe was wet (on the inside) and had a drip on the end. There was also (now dry) coolant remnants where the pipe points down.

Hopefully its just this as it would be a nice simple explanation! I'm not convinced the pink mark that I photographed above is related as it's much further forward in the engine bay. 

Either way I'd appreciate advice as to whether there is anything at the back of the engine above that mark (cabin side of engine) that could cause a leak, or whether anyone has had a similar issue with the overflow pipe. 

Thanks again. 

Ben