free hit
counters
Elise Cup 250 Engine cover - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise Cup 250 Engine cover

PaulLF1

Someone asked about how the exige cover was supported.

Could some kind person who owns an Elise Cup 250 do the same please - much appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thankyou Neal, never had an Elise so was unsure how the bonnet opened and was held open.

Would you be so kind to take a photo close up when it is closed.

Just out of interest is the windscreen reservoir in the engine bay (cannot see it) or in the front?

Edited by PaulLF1

55 minutes ago, PaulLF1 said:

Just out of interest is the windscreen reservoir in the engine bay (cannot see it) or in the front?

It's in the engine bay on all the Elise and Exiges now - i.e. it has moved on the Exige from the front to the back.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Yep, washer bottle is hidden in that picture, it's actually next to the expansion tank.

8ED240F9-33F8-43E3-B1B3-D76839C5E50C.jpeg.f2d0f43d0165b2b5232b72a95745d291.jpeg

A couple of the boot lid closed. The release mechanism is a handle next to the passenger seat which isn't 100% reliable! There have been a few occassions when I've pulled it and the lid has refused to properly release resulting in a lot of faffing around to persuade it to open. The old Elise S2 system of a key mechanism in the lid was far more reliable, a cable operated system is always prone to failure.

BBDEB4FA-6662-4013-AF66-7000F07C9A89.jpeg.8108de6887bfadb039c4ed7401e66753.jpeg859C3876-4042-4375-8E54-4E892331D2EB.jpeg.a332cb5c15955cad14301e645f15e6d0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neal H said:

A couple of the boot lid closed. The release mechanism is a handle next to the passenger seat which isn't 100% reliable! There have been a few occassions when I've pulled it and the lid has refused to properly release resulting in a lot of faffing around to persuade it to open. The old Elise S2 system of a key mechanism in the lid was far more reliable, a cable operated system is always prone to failure.

There was a service bulletin to add a metal plate to the earlier implementation of the LH-only release.  If yours has a curved metal plate on the back of the plastic handle, then the bulletin does NOT apply.

I have seen on a couple of cars that the cable gets a bit snagged in the release handle - I think it could be resolved with a bit of modification - but that seems to stop the lid shutting rather than opening.

Dave

• Thanks 1