free hit
counters
Calais to spa - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone suggest the best route from Calais to spa on a Friday afternoon

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From Calais it's the E40 all the way to Liege, then take the E25 South round Liege as it has lots of tunnels. Most Satnavs take you North round which isn't as good. Then simply take the turn off for S

Posted Images

8 hours ago, pete said:

Anyone suggest the best route from Calais to spa on a Friday afternoon

From Calais it's the E40 all the way to Liege, then take the E25 South round Liege as it has lots of tunnels. Most Satnavs take you North round which isn't as good. Then simply take the turn off for Spa, (or if you're actually going to Spa-Francorchamps Circuit go via Trois-Ponts for some nice roads) ... 

IMG_20180714_070120.thumb.png.24862600bf2451ad36099d34661f3839.png

If you've got time you could go via Zolder Circuit for a rest and a drink (there's a public bar there) . It doesn't add that much time to the journey and there might be something interesting on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

Agreed, done it many times and always avoid Brussels ring road and take E42.

Trevor.

Not the e40 as others are suggesting?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

E40 being the most direct , and in theory the quickest, route but as been mentioned around Brussels does get busy! Even worse in the centre!

Are you in a rush? Personally I think the A16/A25 to Lille and A27 / E42 would be my choice as a little less congested and avoids Brussels but slightly longer.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• Gold FFM

E40 is the logical route, but as said the ring road around Brussels can be a nightmare. It's less crowded in the holidays and no roadworks at the moment, but still a good chance of some delays. touringmobilis is a good site for realtime info. The E42 is generally less busy, as are most roads in the south.

Anyone taking the E40 that wants to make a small detour via Leuven is always welcome for a pint at Escape's Workshop (as soon as I have installed a fridge...) 😎

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.