free hit
counters
Win a Jim Clark Special Edition Lotus Evora GT410 Sport - The 100,000th Lotus! - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Win a Jim Clark Special Edition Lotus Evora GT410 Sport - The 100,000th Lotus!

C8RKH, brilliant idea. Could not agree more.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
29 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Saw this in the factory being built - looks great to me!  Bought my ticket...when's the draw??

""The winner will be announced at the opening of the new Jim Clark Museum in summer 2019. All entry fees will go to charity."

So what happens to the car over the next year?

i can look after it.

I gave my charity donation, and if I have the winning ticket I'll sell my beloved Evora and give the proceeds to charity too!

I rather like the tartan and the wooden knob!

I’m in.

what a fantastic thing for Lotus to have done - hats off to the new team

• Like 1

Only here once

My donation is in. Fantastic car as it is, even with people on here picking fault with it, as much as I would love the car, it's as to be all about the trust and helping in what ever way we can. Thanks Jim Clark Trust and Lotus Cars in what is a other step in the right direction.

• Like 2

On 14/07/2018 at 09:50, chipp said:

Thanks Bibs for that link I was hoping to be able to get some tickets for this unique Evora somehow.

I have now bought all the tickets from their website so no point in anyone trying there luck. 👅

chipp

Chipp. Sorry but you missed one. That being the one I have and it's the winner.

Guy's. Do you get confirmation of ticket purchase as I bought last week but seen nothing.

• Haha 1

Yes - email confirmation.

On 15/07/2018 at 09:45, C8RKH said:

In my very humble opinion they now need to bring back the Motorsport team and put them back together to support customers who want to race, or, track their cars with the very best advice, input, development etc.

Then they need to do "deal" with Classic Team Lotus and Motorsport to create "Lotus Heritage" to support customers with Lotus cars through servicing, spares, factory quality refurbishments and renovations etc.  Once lotus starts to invest and cherish its previous models and its heritage, every one else will too. And seeing more of the older cars, in factory fresh condition on the roads will only help the brand and support prices for owners etc.  Maybe seeing a lot of the "older" cars at shows, being used on the road etc. we can finally start to put the old acronym (lots of.....) to bed once and for all. The only way to do that is by having reliable and strong new models (please invest in your QC Lotus, it is just not good enough right now) and older models that are visible and being used.

It's worked for Aston Martin, Lamborghini , Porsche. Jaguar has a thriving heritage business now. My god. just had a thought. Go down the Jaguar route and we could "discover" some new old stock parts and have a re-imagined S1-S3 Esprit factory fresh with modern unerpinnings.....

The opportunities are there. hopefully Lotus has now got a long term owner who will build on the heritage, the history and take the brand forwards. Hopefully this Jim Clark car is the first of several such initiatives. After all some of the greatest drivers who have ever raced have driven a Lotus at some point in their history.....

Oh. And ticket bought!

I always wonder whether Porsche and Ferrari still supply all the parts for every model they ever built? Be nice if Lotus could do that!

Margate Exotics.

Would they ship it to me if I won?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

No but you could give it me and would really be happy and thankful, I promise 

13 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I always wonder whether Porsche and Ferrari still supply all the parts for every model they ever built? Be nice if Lotus could do that!

I think a lot of folk would be happy if they could just do that for cars they've built recently!😉

Never been a fan of tartan interiors but do like the silver roof though. Ticket bought, even though my 410 is on its way.

13 hours ago, Dan E said:

No but you could give it me and would really be happy and thankful, I promise 

Let me think about that for a moment........................

I'm going with no. Sorry. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:48, PaulLF1 said:

So what happens to the car over the next year?

i can look after it.

It would look good next to your LF1, Paul, but it will look even better next to my Jim Clark Elise once I am announced as the winner. Take good care of it until then.

On 15/07/2018 at 14:28, pete757 said:

... Oh. And ticket bought...

LOL! You already have a 410!!! 😁

Pete, we have a 430 and guess what?

Oh yes we have a ticket, win or loose it’s for an excellent cause!

Too young to remember JC but the statistics really do give an insight into the man and driver/racer.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Yup! I have one as well!

Great cause... and the JC stand at the FOS was excellent... manned by true enthusiasts. 😎

• Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 11:09, Corsu said:

It's strange to fit it with the rims of an Evora 400 🤔

looks to be in +2 configuration, thus the 400 wheels rather than ULWT Sport wheels

There's quite a while yet before we'll know the answer to that one 😀 

The Jim Clark Trust is delighted to offer this incredible sports car as an amazing competition prize to help support plans for a new Jim Clark Museum. The winner will be announced at the opening of the new museum in summer 2019. 

ive got a dilema with this...  When i win this car it will be with one of the two tickets i purchased at the festival...    problem, i have is my son filled out one of the forms in his name..  he thinks its his if his ticket gets it.....  or i have to buy it from him!   i may need to have a quiet word with the draw people 😂

I hate to disappoint you and your lad but I need to tell you mine is the winning ticket. It’s better you know now rather than build up the hopes of the boy!😉😁

• Haha 2

A modern version of a car owned by Scotland’s two-time world champion driver Jim Clark will be showcased at this year’s Monaco Grand Prix, to help raise cash for a Borders museum dedicated to the motor racing legend.

The Lotus Evora GT410 Sport — the 100,000th Lotus to be built — is being offered as a prize in a charity competition organised by the Jim Clark Trust, to raise money for the new £1.65m centre in the Scotsman’s hometown of Duns.

The car is being transported to Monte Carlo by Ecosse Elite, a Scottish superyacht company that has donated £20,000 to the museum fund.

The Evora GT410 Sport is an updated model with the same distinctive red and silver livery as the 1964 Lotus Elan that Clark owned and drove around the Borders countryside.

Ecosse Elite, which was launched recently to exploit a growing fashion for Scottish design and products among the super-rich, has offered to showcase the Evora GT410 Sport at one of the foremost gatherings of wealthy sports fans.

The company’s Scottish-themed, 40-metre superyacht will be moored in the principality over the grand prix weekend in May, providing a forum for luxury Scottish companies to exhibit their brands.

Racegoers will have an opportunity to book one of five cabins aboard the luxury vessel and to attend parties, lunches, dinners and drinks receptions.

Guests and fans at the grand prix will be invited to take part in the charity competition. Organisers hope to sell enough £20 tickets to complete the project for the museum, which will display some of Clark’s racing cars, his trophy collection, new memorabilia, and archive imagery and film.

Leigh Mellis, director of Ecosse Elite, said: “The Jim Clark Trust has created a truly beautiful car in honour of Jim, and whoever wins it will possess a piece of history.” Ben Smith, chairman of the trust, said: “Taking this stunning Jim Clark special-edition Lotus Evora GT410 Sport to one of the crucibles of world motorsport will allow us to publicise our fundraising for the Jim Clark Museum on a global stage.

“It’s important that Scotland properly honours its heroes, and Jim Clark is certainly one of those, admired not only for his incredible natural talent and success as a racing driver but in equal measure for his humility and sportsmanship.

“The museum, which we hope to complete in the summer of 2019, will be a fitting tribute to him and an inspiration to future generations.”

The charity competition was launched at last year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed by the Duke of Richmond and Gordon, to mark the 50th anniversary of Clark’s death in 1968. He was killed in a Formula Two accident in Hockenheim, aged 32.

Sir Jackie Stewart, who was a friend of Clark, is honorary president of the trust. Its patrons include Scottish motorsport stars such as former Formula One driver David Coulthard, four-time IndyCar Series champion Dario Franchitti, and Allan McNish, a three-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

The competition has attracted thousands of entries and interest from around the world. More information is available at jimclarklotus.com

Edited by jonwat
  • Like 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk