free hit
counters
Win a Jim Clark Special Edition Lotus Evora GT410 Sport - The 100,000th Lotus! - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Win a Jim Clark Special Edition Lotus Evora GT410 Sport - The 100,000th Lotus!

On 20/08/2019 at 01:14, Kevin Wheeler said:

The draw is on the official opening on the 29th August. Winner announced shortly afterwards.

https://jimclarklotus.com/

Finally, after it was the completion of the Museum, now open, then mid August, gone.. interesting competition.. still time to buy tickets..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’d better make sure I’m home for the next few days. Don’t want to miss the call when it comes - as it surely will! 😁

Err, don't think so guys. I'm heading along to the opening tomorrow to collect the keys in person when my name is called. So back off..... 😁

And I'll be wearing the Jim Clark polo shirt I bought over two years ago at Ingleston when the fund raising was announced. So they have no excuse not to give me the car.

• Like 2

No, no, no, it's a well known fact that us folk living in the south of England are naturally luckier than those of you oop north. My own GT410 is pining for a soulmate and this 'Clark' car will be just the job I reckon - a sort of his 'n' hers.:driving:

Anyone with an operational, driving, road legal Lotus isn't eligible, don't sue me, thems just the rules.

Edited by GTK
  • Haha 1

I just won’t tell ‘em and if asked, I’ll deny everything! 😁

22 hours ago, Spinney said:

No, no, no, it's a well known fact that us folk living in the south of England are naturally luckier than those of you oop north. My own GT410 is pining for a soulmate and this 'Clark' car will be just the job I reckon - a sort of his 'n' hers.:driving:

I live even more south than you, just saying 😉 

• Haha 1

Have I won yet??? Think my phone must not be working as I haven’t heard yet!

Website states that entries are open until midnight tonight... so I'd guess that (logically) the winner (ie me) wont be announced until Friday at the earliest.

See here

Sorry, but you're too far north. Anyhow, that explains why I haven't yet received the phone call! :)

Still no phone call. ........................................drums fingers on the desk. ;)

Nor me. I'm sure I left the correct number! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Someone must have won?

Who's holding out on us? :detective:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Well, I suspect he won't risk posting something on here while powersliding his precious new car for the third fuel tank in a row!

• Haha 1

So assuming one of us on here (obviously me) has won the car, what do you do with the rear hatch and its 20 F1 driver signatures?

Do you:-

1) Keep it as is and risk them disappearing over time

2) Lacquer over the hatch to ensure the signatures all remain and keep it on the car  

3) Just polish them all off anyway

4) Get a replacement hatch and hang the signed one on the garage wall

I'm probably leaning towards 4 myself.

Wahaay! I just got a call!

It was from the Guide Dogs. :( 

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Jolly clever these Labradors! 😉

• Haha 2

2 and 4 for me too. Has to be.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

3 hours ago, Spinney said:

So assuming one of us on here (obviously me) has won the car, what do you do with the rear hatch and its 20 F1 driver signatures?

Do you:-

1) Keep it as is and risk them disappearing over time

2) Lacquer over the hatch to ensure the signatures all remain and keep it on the car  

3) Just polish them all off anyway

4) Get a replacement hatch and hang the signed one on the garage wall

I'm probably leaning towards 4 myself.

Sure I read somewhere that they will provide a 'plain' hatch cover as well so the signed one can be removed and displayed. In one's man cave I presume....sorry, MY man cave 😁

2 & 4 for sure! Except I’d hang it above my fire place in the lounge 😃

The T&Cs for the draw suggest they’ve allowed up to 10 to collate the tickets, answers and let me know that I’ve won.

I would fit a replacement hatch, and donate the signed one to the museum.

Which is why. I deserve to win.

Its Karma guys. Sorry.

• Haha 2

I like many others are very curious as to know has the winner been draw yet? and if not does any one have an update on when this will actually happen?

I would also speculate it has been drawn and they want the winner to be available for the handover in person, so my guess is its an international winner.... not me