free hit
counters
Fuel pump - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My 78 eclat is wired to the 'RHD non federal wiring diagram' this shows a 8amp fuse in the wire to the fuel pump, does this exist? If so where is it as my pump won't go. It is not stuck contacts, there are no volts on the connector on the pump.

My second question is, have any of you replaced the pump with a solid state one, if so which and did you need a reducing valve to not flood the carbs.

Peter

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The workshop manual reads as follows:

"An 8 Amp In-Line fuse protecting the fuel pump, this being located in the right hand toe-box"

Hope this helps.

my S1 eclat runs on FP9000 pump or the lucas equivalent no issues at all as they run max 3.8psi .Make sure float settings are correct

I fitted the same pump as above with no issues, also fitted a new fuel auto lock valve from Valvtek, £13.00 from ebay and works perfect, far better than the £75 one from usual Lotus parts suppliers.