free hit
counters
Very Worried. The Car Got Lifted By Wrong Jackpoints - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Very Worried. The Car Got Lifted By Wrong Jackpoints

Hi all,

I just witnessed a very bad scene taken place at a local shop that I usually go with my old Elise. Long story short, they lifted my Exige (something like the pics below) with four pieces of large rubber placed at the four corners in between the four wheels (the ordinary jack points for normal cars). As soon as I see it, I asked them to put down the car immediately. The whole process lasted no more than 30 seconds. 

I have visually inspected the underside of car, no bend whatsoever can be seen. However, while being extra careful, I like to ask experienced members and tech here. Can someone shed some light and give me a peace of mind that this was no big deal to the aluminium tub? I felt so much tortured already.😖😖

Frank 

Pic 1.jpg

jackpoints.png

Edited by El-RGB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

how did they lift it to get up on those stands?

looks like there spreading the load so as as long  as it picks up the points b and a cant see it bending..

The damage of wrongfully lifting it should really be on the bodywork rather than the chassis so if the adjustments of body and door is still good and you can’t see anything then it should be ok. The  Aluminium tub is  one of the most rigid thing out there so should be fine.

Edited by PAR