free hit
counters
Oil pressure sensor / temp? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Oil pressure sensor / temp?

woozie

Done some wiring work on the car. This sendor unit was connected to coolant temperature wire. I've changed it over to be correct and follow the wiring diagram.  I've got everything else connected but can't find a wire for this. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is and what wiring I need to it / wire colour etc? I have the wiring diagram but just can't make sense of it at the minute. Help appreciated. 

IMG_6937.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That doesn't look like a standard S1 oil pressure sensor to me? The wiring diagram says white/brown wire. If you find the instrument cluster on the diagram there is a wire straight into that from the sender. The S1 oil pressure sensor is usually mounted to the chassis with a bracket and gets its earth through the chassis.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

7 minutes ago, Paul Coleman said:

That doesn't look like a standard S1 oil pressure sensor to me? The wiring diagram says white/brown wire. If you find the instrument cluster on the diagram there is a wire straight into that from the sender. The S1 oil pressure sensor is usually mounted to the chassis with a bracket and gets its earth through the chassis.

Paul, 

thanks for your reply. This is my thinking as well. Considering the history of the car, I will agree with you. I have the oem oil pressure sender, wired up and in situ, thus my much needed explanation as to what goes here ! I think for the minute I'll leave it unplugged and once I have everything working I can deal with it then,

many thanks 

2 minutes ago, woozie said:

Paul, 

thanks for your reply. This is my thinking as well. Considering the history of the car, I will agree with you. I have the oem oil pressure sender, wired up and in situ, thus my much needed explanation as to what goes here ! I think for the minute I'll leave it unplugged and once I have everything working I can deal with it then,

many thanks 

It's possible it was modified because the S1 sensor was unavailable at one point. But you can now buy them from SJ... https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/A079N6002F.htm

• Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• 2 weeks later...