free hit
counters
Esprit v8 interior colours - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I need to brighten up the interior in the v8, does anyone have any information about the colours you could have the interior in?

are there colour names/codes that I can trace?

planning to recolour various bits, so recommendations on dyes/products would also be useful!

thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A heritage certificate would tell you all the options it would have been leaving the factory.

You can change the colour using Gliptone leather dye and using a spraygun. I used a hobby one as it's much finer mist but took a long time. Back in the day I change another member's seat colour from all grey to black with red insert. See pictures below.

100_0394.JPG

Seat Aug 22nd 012.jpg

• Like 2

@Barrykearley a previous owner once told me they had a heritage certificate for the car 🤔

thanks @superdavelotus for the Gliptone recommendation, I have already emailed them actually! Apparently they do not have colour charts, so I’m waiting on a reply back as to whether they have the Lotus colours on system or whether I’m going to need to send off a cutting. The photos you posted definitely help! Do you remember if the red and black were specifically mixed for you or if that was on their system?

Hmmm...now I need to start hunting around then. I know I’ve got one for the S4 and the S4s

You’re right they don’t have colour charts as there are so many shades of the same colour and also Lotus used different manufacturers on different years etc. This is why they ask you to send a sampl in. I have the red colour code as it’s the same as my V8 and I think we used the same. I’ll try and find it in the morning and post it. I’ll look into the Black for you.

@Barrykearley just another bit of paperwork for you to look for Barry 🗂🗞🗄🗃🗂

@superdavelotus that would be extremely useful! Thank you!

• Like 1

Plowing through the office presently - vat return time..... 

I’ve just had a look and there is no reference or markings to suggest what colour or code it is, Sorry.

Thanks @superdavelotus for looking, I’m waiting on a reply from Gliptone about sending off a small piece of non faded leather from the interior now.

Also, I’m in the market for a full carpet set... I’ve spoken to Coverdale and an eBay seller who makes carpet sets, neither of which have patterns for the later Esprits. So I’m either going to have to carefully remove what’s there and send it so they can take some patterns, or hunt out someone who has patterns. Any thoughts?

You tried Allon White? https://allonwhite.co.uk/ although not cheap.

Another alternative is @Steve V8 for carpets who has supplied several sets for the Esprit and has a V8 ;) 

Failing that is Alex no good with a sewing machine ?? :lol:

I bought carpet set for my 90 turbo from SJ Sports Cars back in the day. Not sure if they do them for the V8 and what the differences are?

13 hours ago, Blackngolds3turbo said:

Also, I’m in the market for a full carpet set...

We have the technology... 

And a full set of S4s / V8 templates. Here's one we made earlier...

IMG_4248.thumb.JPG.2d7a74f01600bcbb11e7bc922c15ab3f.JPG.1fe44b94d12c17c2c14c1dd2fc0135d3.JPG

DSC_0271.thumb.JPG.b5a18f06536e347244b88dd2bdc60b22.JPG

• Like 1

@internets you really think he’d manage a sewing machine?? He can’t even manage using a washing machine unless it involves taking it apart 😂 anyway he’s got an engine, gearbox and the rest of the car to build so I suppose I can manage the interior 😂

@superdavelotus I’m not sure on the carpet differences but the interiors are quite different from 1990 to 98, and any suppliers I’ve spoken to won’t say if they’ll fit. The most common pattern for anyone to have seems to be 88-92.

@Steve V8 sounds like we could have some business, will PM you.

• Haha 1

Hi there,

i know the differences between the different models and later ones having a wider tunnel etc. With a carpet set, you always get more than the actual bit it’s fitting. I.e the side walls lap onto the floor under the base carpet. The rear I think you have to trim slightly and laps onto floor. It’s only the floor mats that would differ if at all.

Personally if you get pursued Steve into making some then I’d bite his hand off!

@superdavelotus I’m not that good with knowing all the differences between them as haven’t had many dealings with late 80s-early 90s cars, so not confident to buy a full carpet set and then find out all the differences! 

On 17/07/2018 at 12:30, Blackngolds3turbo said:

I need to brighten up the interior in the v8, does anyone have any information about the colours you could have the interior in?

are there colour names/codes that I can trace?

planning to recolour various bits, so recommendations on dyes/products would also be useful!

thanks!

Here are options but they are from the SE.   My V8 is Magnolia and Monaco White.

E540474C-EA03-45E4-B43B-32F942FDA150.jpeg

962A2BC5-76D6-4A0F-8FEB-033E73BE001C.jpeg