free hit
counters
Brake pads - time to change? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
snowman

Brake pads - time to change?

My brakes were rumbling a bit, which I put down to lack of use and corrosion - following some spirited pressing on across Dava Moor in the Highlands they seem to have smoothed out somewhat, but have occasionally been making a bit of noise. No advisories on the service 2,500 miles ago.

I took the wheels off the other day and took some pic, but am still unsure how much life if any is on the pads.

Anyone, care to comment? (pics are a bit rubbish unfortunately)

IMG_20180715_201823.thumb.jpg.bbf3d7486acbde7a95007408fef81406.jpgIMG_20180715_201839.thumb.jpg.f10e1f15239d7d287c52c40f69493406.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Look about 50% worn to me.

Edit: maybe a bit more than 50% but still a few 000 miles left.

Your discs are still looking pretty lightly used though

Edited by mik

Thanks, that's reassuring. The disc corrosion is due to lack of use unfortunately - need to lose my passenger a bit more often to use the car the way it was intended ............

I have a passenger just like that too!!! 😆

Lots of life left in the pads there.

The stock ones will be absolutely fine because that is what they are designed for (mainly road use with very occasional track use). 

If you were doing more track days, I would recommend Pagid RS pads. 

Hi,

Where is the best place to buy Rear Brake pads for an Evora S 2011. can anyone send a link.

thank you in advance.

Johnny

10 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

Hi,

Where is the best place to buy Rear Brake pads for an Evora S 2011. can anyone send a link.

thank you in advance.

Johnny

Anywhere that sells ds 2500 pads. I have used Amazon as well as Merlin motorsport. It just depends on who has a deal on price.

Not sure if they are the best, but i got new front discs and pads earlier this year fro elise shop. Still to fit them, but delivery was quick and painless.

https://www.elise-shop.com/oe-brakepads-ds25-evora-exige-v6-p-502907.html?zenid=d74a5bbc3b8839527bafe1282f23791c

Non Lotus pads eg Elise Shop ones rattle, Lotus pads have a pad on the back that stops them rattling.