free hit
counters
Tow eye mount - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all, I have been trying to locate the mounting position of the front tow eye on my Lotus Elise 2008 but I cannot find one. Am I turning blind? I have looked everywhere behind the grill but cannot see anything. Any help or photos are greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards, Greg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Greg - There should be a large vertical bar behind the front grill, slap bang in the middle...

2-35f9d.jpg

10_31.gif

They do rust so it may have been removed. It's a clam off job to refit one as the bolts are within the clam but it's only about an hour to take off by all accounts, ideally a 2 person job. 

It's worth taking your front grill off (just 2 bolts) to have a look in there to see what you can see. 

Not at all, it's about an hours work. Even the book time is 3 hours on and off so 6 hours for one operation is wrong. Even the new Exige clam removal/refit time is quoted as 2.5 hours both ways. 

@Bibs thanks for the info Bibs, I will check it out. Any idea also where I could get a spare part? Is this a Lotus dealer only option?