free hit
counters
any other lotus/other seats fit an Esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotusFella

any other lotus/other seats fit an Esprit

Has anyone had any success fitting non esprit seats into a esprit. Some of Evora leather seats look v nice?  I have bucket and although hug me I don't think they would be comfortable of long journeys.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For some reason , a previous owner of my s2 had fitted seats from what I think is an mx5 mk1 although im not 100 percent certain,  id love to fit a pair of originals back in if I could obtain some

As far as I know, someone in the US fit Elise seats into an esprit by changing the seat rails / bolting them directly to the floor - this was to increase headroom for a taller driver. 

The Esprit width is a lot narrower than what is typical, hence the difficulties in finding alternate seats that fit.

I know of at least two US owners that have fitted Elise seats. One is Travis @Vulcan Grey

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Your V8 floor is wider than the pre '95 X180/S4 floor, so you may have more choice than you think. XJS maybe? Similar set up to the Esprit, high wide tunnel, sill mounted handbrake, narrow but extremely comfortable seats.

@LotusFella > There are a couple of pairs of seats on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/94-Lotus-Esprit-S4-seats-leather-tan/272750461997

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-S4-Seats-Seat-Cream-Pair/322790153509

On 18/07/2018 at 11:56, LotusFella said:

I have bucket

Original ones? I could be interested if you ever sell them (depending on price and leather colour as it would be a shame to spoil nice seats, I would need a pair of magnolia ones)

I’m surprised no one has tried to fit Evora seats