free hit
counters
I think I might want an Evora - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


I think I might want an Evora


TrevS

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TrevS said:

Spec wise I like the sports racers as I like the black pack options and seems to offer good spec level etc. However colour would have to be motorsport green. Is there any way to know how many green cars were produced?

Trev

And that might be your downfall... they are rare cars. According to a comment on THIS PAGE.... only 5 in the green. And i dont know if they are N/A or 'charged, auto or manuel.

I wanted a manual 'charged SR. Ideally black interior, but would have accepted red. Either white or carbon grey. Took 5months for one to appear. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Neuromancer said:

You're in a similar position as I was a few weeks ago.

I've come from various 2 seat sports cars, but with 2 young sons I rarely used them. There are unfortunately few 4 seat cars that are still fast/nimble/look good. I chose a Carbon Grey Evora S, but like you preferred the sports racer look so have had the roof and sills/splitter wrapped black. Mine is a MY11, but the gear change is good (not sure if down to new linkage a few years ago or not) and the interior is a nice snug place to be, even the hifi with some fiddling is not as bad as you expect. From everything I've read, as I'm sure you have, post MY12 cars are regarded more highly but I could not find one that I thought was worth the extra initial cost. Both tech and premium packs are worth spending a bit extra if you can. 

I have rarely been so pleased with a car choice, it ticks every box I was after. It drives amazingly and is undeniably more interesting and rarer than any Porsche (997.2 C2S was on my list, as was an older R35). Thumbs up from people rather than awkward stares.

(first post on here after many an hour reading advice - I need to drop in on the "introductions" and say hi properly!)

Very useful, thanks. Your right the 2+2 coupe is a dying breed. Had considered a jaguar xkr-s but rear seats are a joke, test drove a Lexus rc-f but couldn’t get on with the looks and too big and heavy, Maserati granturismo not blown away by looks and more a GT so not much to choose if you want something fairly sporting to drive. The only other car I’ve really considered was a BMW i8. Went to see one about a month ago, there is a lot to like. Cheapish to run, supercar looks and more sports car than GT. Only issue is long term running costs and how much things like battery packs will cost to replace etc as its a bit of an unknown. I did look at an M2 at the same dealer which are supposed to be cracking to drive but just didn’t feel special.

Will try and find a day/weekend to do some back to back test drives to make final judgment but I think the Evora has a lot going for it, just need to find a green one

Trev

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mik said:

And that might be your downfall... they are rare cars. According to a comment on THIS PAGE.... only 5 in the green. And i dont know if they are N/A or 'charged, auto or manuel.

I wanted a manual 'charged SR. Ideally black interior, but would have accepted red. Either white or carbon grey. Took 5months for one to appear. 

Yeah, I know the score. Might have to widen my search criteria or start stalking owners of green cars. Ideally I want a metallic colour, they seem to look particularly good on the Evora to my eyes 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, TrevS said:

Very useful, thanks. Your right the 2+2 coupe is a dying breed. Had considered a jaguar xkr-s but rear seats are a joke, test drove a Lexus rc-f but couldn’t get on with the looks and too big and heavy, Maserati granturismo not blown away by looks and more a GT so not much to choose if you want something fairly sporting to drive. The only other car I’ve really considered was a BMW i8. Went to see one about a month ago, there is a lot to like. Cheapish to run, supercar looks and more sports car than GT. Only issue is long term running costs and how much things like battery packs will cost to replace etc as its a bit of an unknown. I did look at an M2 at the same dealer which are supposed to be cracking to drive but just didn’t feel special.

Will try and find a day/weekend to do some back to back test drives to make final judgment but I think the Evora has a lot going for it, just need to find a green one

Trev

Having read you reply, I agree you need to try one. Personally I've come from various M-cars (Z4M, E46 M3) and random cars (eg. Corvette C6) and left-field (S2000, VX200T, VXR8 etc) so may not be giving balanced advice if you have the cash for an i8! I had circa £40k and spent £33k. If I had £50-60+k I have no idea what I'd have chosen as the risk of "blimey, I'll choose the wrong car" must seem much more daunting. :). An i8 is in my opinion much more "supercar" but I agree it might be worth -50% in 3 years!

My next door neighbour has a Lexus RC F,  it does sound "nice" and certainly is fast, but is more M5 rather than M3/4 if you get me. Jag XKR is a car that did not appeal at all, I presumed I could not afford an "-s" so did not even look (may have been a mistake!). Other options included cars that I discounted on a variety of things including worry about maintenance costs, friends had one already, a bit old, did not look good to my eyes, too big et al - i.e. Aston V8V, or even DB9, old-skool R32 (kids hated), Masers of various ilks, etc. etc.

The Evora is not like a halo version of a mass-produced car. That has positives and negatives. To me personally, I prefer that, but that might not suit everyone's OCD or ownership experience. I also am from Yorkshire, so hate thinking about losing money on a car which clouds my judgement. One more thing, I think this forum is brilliant, when I owned a few of my cars I missed being able to read the forums about stuff - either just chatty stuff, or more detailed "you fix X by doing Y" - the S2000 forum was good for that, but few others. 

I'm not sure where you live so likely useless but I'm near Southwell, Notts, you're more than welcome to have a drive if you want.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Neuromancer said:

Having read you reply, I agree you need to try one. Personally I've come from various M-cars (Z4M, E46 M3) and random cars (eg. Corvette C6) and left-field (S2000, VX200T, VXR8 etc) 

I had a black manual LS3 VXR8 for 5 yrs before the Evora. Not often you meet other owners. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mik said:

I had a black manual LS3 VXR8 for 5 yrs before the Evora. Not often you meet other owners. 😁

Very under-rated cars! The Oz/muscle car feeling helped! I re-badged mine as much  Holden R8 as I could, sounded like thunder with tweaks. I'm embarrassed to say the only problem being it was too big for my work underground car park. Yes, I'm an idiot! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I replaced all the Vauxhall’s badging on mine with HSV - of course.

Orssom Intake and magnatlow cat-back, but otherwise std. easy to spend a LOT of money on mods if you were inclined. Great car though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...