free hit
counters
Converted to gas!? - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
sunste

Converted to gas!?

The car has been runing on gas (not petrol) here in sweden and I have some things that I suspect are related to that. Do any one recognaise these parts?

I’m changinge back to petrol...

346A3500-AD11-41FB-A72E-FF482B41F1B9.jpeg

92199DFF-1D00-45B5-9E0D-FFA2902AC36B.jpeg

A29D63C3-5B38-4DE3-8A3D-4DBDFEE4A52F.jpeg

5025132D-C184-4B2C-A25D-DF3D59D7BB72.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like a simple venturi system, with a ring in the intake duct, working similar to a carburetor. Not a bad system, if you can get it set up properly. And should be easy to remove.

In the pictures you have a gas valve and the reducer, the the venture ring and what looks like part of the cover of the gas tank. Not sure about the pipe in the first pictures. As a rule, the small diameter copper pipes are for LPG in liquid state, from tank to reducer, and the bigger rubber hoses are for low pressure gas vapor to the venturi. The reducer should also be piped into the cooling system, to keep up the temperature as the reduction in pressure cools it (they can even freeze). I expect there are some relays as well, probably with a delay timer to make the transition from petrol to LPG a bit smoother and possible a connection to the distributor to alter ignition timing when running on LPG.

Filip 

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Thanks Filip!

28 minutes ago, Jeanvm said:

Where do you place the tank?  I cannot imagine that this is on the front where the spare wheel is.

I dont have the tank, but it was placed in the trunk by the engine. You filled it up by fliping up the licence plate.

Vad i helvete!? WHY!? WHY!?? I mean how impractical is that, aren't there like 2 filling stations in the country!?

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Kan man undra😂 They did this in Sweden in the early -90s. But why, you dont buy a Lotus and then you can’t afford to fill up the tank...