free hit
counters
Hangar 111/KT EX370 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big shout out to Dave for all his help in remotely guiding me through the ECU flash for the Komo-Tec EX370 .  Couldn't recommend you guys enough and thanks for everything. What a difference that

@Hangar 111 as you know i've been running the CupR intake with no remap for near over three years now with no problem. However if the KT phase one kit can provide a measurable improvement over the Cup

Thanks for clearing up Jack. The previous posts seemed to suggest they were the same ECU hence me getting confused and my thong twisted! (Uk meaning of the word not Aussie!). The Type 116 ECU was

Posted Images

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It probably is more than 15bhp as it seems most 345 bhp Exiges are generally putting out 320-330! Also, if its a 370 kit doesn't that mean its meant to add 25bhp anyway?

Does it by any chance solve the varying ability for the engine to blip going down the gears problem.  I drove a heavily modified 360 (motrac ecu) on track the other day and to be able to blip again properly going down the gears was a delight I have missed.

Martin S

1 hour ago, MARTIN_S said:

It probably is more than 15bhp as it seems most 345 bhp Exiges are generally putting out 320-330! Also, if its a 370 kit doesn't that mean its meant to add 25bhp anyway?

Does it by any chance solve the varying ability for the engine to blip going down the gears problem.  I drove a heavily modified 360 (motrac ecu) on track the other day and to be able to blip again properly going down the gears was a delight I have missed.

Martin S

Standard output is a whole topic on it's own - there will always be some variation, but it also depends whether you test them properly...

The remap only really (needs to) modifies timing and fuelling, so should not affect any other ECU functionality.  A car with a different ECU, is likely to behave differently.  We have something coming soon for the V6 cars.

Dave

• Like 1

After doing a good 100 miles today, it just seems better and better. It seems to have really eliminated heat soak which it used to suffer, and that's driving in this heat stop starting in traffic etc. Not sure if that could be down to changing the ducting linked to the intake for a revotec silver silicone version, over the rusty original black one, so could help with reflecting the heat a bit, negligible I would imagine. It really does seem potent now, you hardly have to use the revs like before. It honestly now seems faster than my old  M12 GTO which I had mapped to 348 bhp and apparently weighed 980kg...

I imagine there's a good chance it could run lean if no alterations are made to the AFR, as it's much more free flowing now. Others would know a lot more than I do!

I believe you can purchase the intake from Komotec either with (recommended) or without an ECU remap. So it would be good to understand further...

Also would the 370 kit and remap result in better performance and power output than say the HKS intake used on the CupR cars? 

@JCERB I’m reading your post as suggesting the install was done remote... what’s involved with the ECU remap?

www.alias23.com

8 hours ago, JCERB said:

I imagine there's a good chance it could run lean if no alterations are made to the AFR, as it's much more free flowing now. Others would know a lot more than I do!

There is no way the car would run lean with the stock map and an aftermarket air intake... It runs SUPER rich 'out of the box'.  I see 1:10 at WOT...    What interests me is to see what AFRs this EX370 map is showing. @JCERB - I will donate one EUR (or one GBP) for you to install an aftermarket air/fuel gauge ;-)

23 hours ago, MARTIN_S said:

How soon and what is it!  You tease.

Fully functional aftermarket ECU that we can map here - do your own traction control programs, left-foot braking, throttle blipping...

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

I believe you can purchase the intake from Komotec either with (recommended) or without an ECU remap. So it would be good to understand further...

Also would the 370 kit and remap result in better performance and power output than say the HKS intake used on the CupR cars? 

@JCERB I’m reading your post as suggesting the install was done remote... what’s involved with the ECU remap?

It _might_ be happy enough without the map (never tested it - you can be first!?), but you won't be making the most of it anyway.  A map is cheaper than an engine.

Dave

• Like 1

@Hangar 111 as you know i've been running the CupR intake with no remap for near over three years now with no problem. However if the KT phase one kit can provide a measurable improvement over the CupR setup then i'd be very interested. Maybe I could perform a before and after test? ;)

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

8 minutes ago, Lo2zz said:

Also having looked at the side intake where the intake would pull air from it looks blocked off. Does this intake pull air from anywhere else?

It’s not blocked. Once the OEM box is removed the side pod channels air out of a duct which is positioned in the direction of the intake.

www.alias23.com

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:55, Hangar 111 said:

Thanks Joe, happy to help. :)

Dave

Hi Dave I did email regarding what I would need to install myself - presume its just a laptop and the lead?

How long would it take for you guys to install if I brought it down to you?

Many thanks

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, W31SSN said:

Has anyone combined the Komotec Intake with their Manifolds and cats and a remap?

Do they increase noise as I still want to keep the same decibel level. 

Unsure if it helps answer your question but HKS induction on standard engine and exhaust system = more induction noise for sure but never a problem on any track day I’ve encountered in the UK. Original V6.

www.alias23.com

Hi Nathan.

So it does increase noise slightly, as you have a less convoluted induction path, and larger bore, less restrictive exhaust path.  The exhaust note is a bit deeper, but not massively louder.  As Imran says, it shouldn't increase it to the point of being a problem, unless you are already marginal... maybe Bedford (though that seems to depend on the day of the week nowadays!).

If you want to discuss options further, feel free to drop me a line.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I have a komotec EX390 kit for my 380 cup that is not fitted yet as not sure if I ll keep the car but would like some advice about the fuel to use

Komotec strongly recommend to use 98 RON fuel only with all their upgrade kits and did not offer any custom map for 95 RON

The problem is that I use mainly the car for trackdays in Italy and there are not many places where you can find 98 RON there

Hangar 111 do you have any knowledge about what would happen if you use 95 RON fuel with the komotec kit and is the standard ecu able to reduce timing?

What about the oem lotus? Do they also require 98 or is it fine to use 95?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

Hangar 111 do you have any knowledge about what would happen if you use 95 RON fuel with the komotec kit and is the standard ecu able to reduce timing?

What about the oem lotus? Do they also require 98 or is it fine to use 95?

Hi.  Car will likely knock if you do not use the fuel for which it is mapped, which will likely result in engine damage.  To make more power, you have to map more aggressively.  You can use octane booster to increase 95 where you cannot get higher, but not recommended for long term use.  OEM cars are tuned to run on the lowest quality 95.

Dave

Hangar 111 thanks for your replay and another question

Komotec recommend to install their EX390 with softare update after the completed running in of 1500km of the car

My engine is actually only 700km as it was replaced and if would be easier for me to have at least the manifolds and sports cat from Komotec already installed

Do you think It could be ok to complete the bedding of the engine (of course at lower rpm) with just the manifolds and sports cat installed and then install the komotec software after or is there any particular problem doing that?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

Hangar 111 thanks for your replay and another question

Komotec recommend to install their EX390 with softare update after the completed running in of 1500km of the car

My engine is actually only 700km as it was replaced and if would be easier for me to have at least the manifolds and sports cat from Komotec already installed

Do you think It could be ok to complete the bedding of the engine (of course at lower rpm) with just the manifolds and sports cat installed and then install the komotec software after or is there any particular problem doing that?

Thanks

I have the EX 390 kit installed as well. Here they don't sell 98 RON fuel but only 95 RON.

At every full of petrol I use a small can of Liquid moly Octan booster. 

With the kit installed the car don't like the 95 RON.

Regarding the braking in of the engine I think it will not be affected by the manifolds and sport cat installed without the mapping.

Unknown.jpeg

Edited by FF