Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Waving and/or giving a thumbs up - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Waving and/or giving a thumbs up

I also wave/flash at all Lotus and other interesting (classic) cars. Like in many comments on here, often it's the drivers of Elise/Exige that don't wave back...

With other classics one can tell if it's a real enthusiast at the wheel (waving back) or rather someone parading his expensive toy/investment (head up in the air). Bikers usually show they like the Esprit as well. And on one occasion I even exchanged a meaningful nod with the driver of a shiny new 911 Targa, while creeping along side by side in traffic.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Escape said:

I also wave/flash at all Lotus and other interesting (classic) cars. Like in many comments on here, often it's the drivers of Elise/Exige that don't wave back...

With other classics one can tell if it's a real enthusiast at the wheel (waving back) or rather someone parading his expensive toy/investment (head up in the air). Bikers usually show they like the Esprit as well. And on one occasion I even exchanged a meaningful nod with the driver of a shiny new 911 Targa, while creeping along side by side in traffic.

Filip

I will always wave, especially a classic Lotus, even if it's ignored I'd rather show my appreciation :) 

• Gold FFM

I also stop to let any Lotus out of any junction. Better to have them in front so I can see them.

(The opposite obviously applies to Porches and BMW’s - I speed up and ignore 😂)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

On 27/07/2018 at 21:34, Mark Blanchard said:

In my experience 99% of Elise drivers don't wave back at Esprit drivers.  Don't know why.  Yet I get bloody Ferrari drivers waving at me.  Please Elise drivers wave back :)

Thats my experience with Elises. A very odd lack of brand heritage or reverse snobbery because they are "newer"? Who knows.

Also (at Classic Le Mans) I got some snotty remark in a petrol station from an LJK Setright type beardy in an original Lotus 7 along the lines of " humph, started off making sportscars ended up with these" or along those lines, so I don't think the wedgy stuff is appreciated by "older" Lotus owners either.

It seems the Esprit/Elite/Eclat are the Lotus equivalent of a 70s Barratt semi-detached.

• Haha 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

6 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

Also (at Classic Le Mans) I got some snotty remark in a petrol station from an LJK Setright type beardy in an original Lotus 7 along the lines of " humph, started off making sportscars ended up with these" or along those lines, so I don't think the wedgy stuff is appreciated by "older" Lotus owners either.

Don’t worry, those types are dying off rapidly.  And their snotty attitudes go with them. The younger generation appreciate them and they’re the future.

On 27 July 2018 at 21:34, Mark Blanchard said:

In my experience 99% of Elise drivers don't wave back at Esprit drivers.  Don't know why.  Yet I get bloody Ferrari drivers waving at me.  Please Elise drivers wave back :)

Agreed. Most Elise drivers blank me in the Esprit and Europa. Happened to me this evening. Grey Elise on A143 Haddiscoe Dam - blanked.

Evora drivers wave / flash, as do I to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same response from Elise owners,maybe they think the esprit is going to eat them,i find i always get let out of junctions and can honestly say have never had a negative thing said to me about the car. Whilst travelling around Northern and Southern Ireland in July i had so many people asking to take pictures and generally pouring over  it,not looking her best after a mammoth 1700 mile trip through rain and general road grime but non the less still stunning thing to look at.

IMG-20180723-WA0001.jpg

Simplest things first.

Don’t think I’ve ever had any reaction whatsoever from Elise owners since I’ve had the car. I always give anything I consider Classic a wave, although most people waves to other drivers around Thanet roads are usually the kind that involve a single digit.

Margate Exotics.