free hit
counters
1983 Turbo Carbs - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davidbradley

1983 Turbo Carbs

I have a car I've been restoring for many years.

Some time ago I had trouble with the carb float needles sticking, allowing fuel to get into the engine & fill the sump (I had the ignition on to wire up the headlight pods).

I fitted a carb service kit, including new valves, but I think it's doing it again (a good few years have passed since the overhaul).

Does anyone please have any ideas?, not being used isn't helping, but I cant start it with fuel all over the place.

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would start by seeing what "pressure" is the carbs seeing. You might have a fuel pressure regulator issue as well. Those float valves can't take the type of pressure the fuel pump can deliver.

You will need to get a pressure guage and connect it either inline to read the pressure while the engine is running or pull the line off where is goes into the carb and run the fuel pump with the engine not running.

Be carefull as the fuel pump can easily deliver 40psi. The pressure regulator should knock it down to around 4 psi at idle, no turbo boost.

Good luck,

Jeff

www.espritturbo.com

Do you still have a fuel filter on the car?

Dirty fuel with rust particles from the inside of the tank will stick them open.

SUNP0003-1.jpg